~Chapter 1~

"Splashkit! Pass it to me!" Dewkit squealed.

"No, me!" Silverkit yowled. Splashkit kicked the moss ball towards Dewkit. Dewkit shrieked as it landed on her light gray fur. Splashkit tried to contain a mrrow of laughter, but Silverkit burst out laughing and rolled on his back, right into Mistflight, one of the RiverClan queens. Silverkit looked up from the ground and squeaked as he saw Mistflight standing over him. Dewkit gave him a look that said 'That's what you get!' and stalked off towards the nursery.

"I don't want to play this anymore," she grumbled. Splashkit turned her head towards Dewkit and mewed, "Dewkit, wait! Come back!" Dewkit kept walking.

"Sorry, Mistflight." Splashkit whipped around and saw Mistflight smiling as Silverkit apologized.

"Quite all right, young one," she mewed. "Why don't you and Splashkit go join Dewkit and Lakefern for a nap in the nursery? That's where I'm headed."

"But I want to play moss-ball!" Silverkit whined.

"Yes, can we stay out a little longer?" Splashkit pleaded, trotting forward. As Mistflight was about to respond, Lakefern walked out of the nursery.

"Come, kits." Lakefern's voice was soothing. "I know that you want to play longer, but we should stay quiet and let Mistflight rest. Those kits will be coming soon."

"Please, Lakefern?" Silverkit mewed. "Just a little longer?"

"No." Their mother's voice was stern. "Come, let's join Dewkit in our nest." Lakefern nodded politely to Mistflight as the queen passed them and walked into the nursery. Splashkit's tail drooped and she sadly trudged after Mistflight. She slowed down and walked with her mother and brother across the RiverClan camp, entering the nursery. Splashkit spotted Dewkit and curled up beside her.

"Hey," Splashkit whispered to her sister, "I'm sorry. You know... about the moss ball."

Dewkit lifted her head and blinked at her. "It's all right, I guess." Dewkit purred and batted at Splashkit's ears. "I know you were just playing." Splashkit buried her head in Lakefern's side so Dewkit couldn't bat her ear. Lakefern bent down and licked her three kits.
"Kits, please." Lakefern looked exhausted as she spoke. "Please try to get some rest." She droopily lowered her head, and in a few moments, Splashkit's mother was asleep, along with her sister. She felt something hit her tail and turned around, careful not to wake her mother and sister.

"Silverkit!" Splashkit scolded quietly. "Don't do that."

Silverkit shrugged. "Sorry," he mewed. "But it's not like I hurt you."

Splashkit rolled her eyes. "Still, it scared me!" She shifted herself so she wasn't facing him anymore, closed her eyes, and slowly went to sleep.

                                                                                 .                        .                         .

Splashkit was walking in a strange forest she had never seen before. Could this be ThunderClan or ShadowClan territory? She opened her jaws to taste the air, but she didn't taste any prey. This can't be any place near the clans, she realized. It would be filled with prey. It is green-leaf, after all. Suddenly, a great swoosh came from in the trees. Splashkit jumped back. Whatever was in there, it was fast. Then a loud BOOM shook the forest. It started pouring down rain, with thunder roaring through the trees and lightning striking the sky.

"Hello?" Her voice came in a quiver as she called out in the storm. "Is any cat there?" Splashkit heard a loud CRACK! Turning around, she watched in terror as she saw a silver cat hanging on to a tree, the same cat that had rushed past her. The tree was, in a few heartbeats, struck by lightning. As the cat yowled in fear Splashkit realized she knew this cat. Where have I seen him before? she wondered. The tree fell in a nearby river, with the cat still desperately clinging on.