new year, new me

Bright red hair, flashy smile. Muscles, quarterback of Riverdale High's Football Team and on top of that owner of Andrews Construction and a gym.

He had all he ever needed. Or that's what everyone in town saw in him. Riverdale's sunnyboy Archie Andrews - no mistakes, perfect in all his ways.

Archie knew that wasn't true. He also knew that he had done many things wrong, decided wrong - took the wrong way towards his future.

The Red Circle - bad idea. Fighting Hiram Lodge - bad idea. Threatening Hiram Lodge - even worse idea.

It all added up until he was thrown in jail for murder. That was one consequence out of the whole Hiram Lodge story.

People might think Archie was thinking straight afterwards, not daring to do anything wrong then, but hell how they were wrong.

Escaping from prison, being on a runaway in Toledo, breaking up with Veronica.
Coming back to Riverdale, failing his SAT's getting Hiram in Jail - and if that all wasn't enough getting back with Veronica, pretending to date Betty and developing feelings for the latter.

His life was a messed up chaos of lies and mistakes.

So he decided to become a better person. He was one hundred percent aware of not being able to change the past, but Archie could change.

12:00 am sharp, new years eve. Archie was standing there next to his best friends watching how the fireworks set off into the sky and exploded into a magical color scheme.

„The old Archie Andrews doesn't exist anymore", the redhead mumbled, „It's time for Archibald Andrews"

And his plans worked out. He decided to apologize to everyone he had put in danger with his reckless behavior.

First off were Jughead and Betty. After the holidays when everything calmed down again, Archie knocked the white door of the Cooper-Jones residence.

He was being let in. Oh how long hadn't Archie been here. He was so familiar with the white furniture in the hallway and the dazzling white wooden staircase that led up to the bed- and bathrooms.

The baby photos hanging all the way up, family pictures including Hal had been replaced with family pictures including FP, Jughead and Jellybean.

Archie stepped onto the first stair, flinching at the creaking noise it made under his weight. He followed the stairs and pictures until he arrived upstairs, standing in front of the light pink door with a little tangerine on it.

They hadn't changed a bit about the hallway and Archie remembered every little game Betty and him had played here.

With his knuckles he lightly knocked at the bedroom door and waited until Betty's light voice invited him in.
He opened the door and was immediately surrounded by Betty's smell.

„Hello Betty, hello Jughead."

Archibald was hesitant at first when he locked eyes with the couple. It seemed that they made up and stayed together even with everything that had happened between him and the blonde.

„Oh, hey Archie."
Their smiles were little, but sincere.

„I wanted to apologize. To both of you. I shouldn't have hit on you in the first place and I should've told you."

He was referring to both of them and he was genuinely sorry. He just hoped they saw this the right way.

„Of course, we talked about it earlier and everything's fine bud"