Chapter 5: Wrong move

Chapter warning: Violence and more. No sexuality in this chapter though, I can't write that kinda stuff or maybe someday. 😅😂Skip this if you can't take that kinda stuff. But if you do choose to read then go for it.

Last thing I wanted to do was go near this man. My body ached, I could feel the small cut on my lip that was slightly chapped. It wasn't the fact it was chapped, it was split. My eyes adjusted to the light that hung over my head.

I could taste the dry iron of my blood. I licked my lips and cringed. The smallest amount of moisture made it bleed. It stung like hell.

My eyes felt heavy, I wanted to close them. But in all actual reality, I would have to figure it out soon enough. I closed them for a moment after seeing the blinding light over my head.

I opened my eyes, taking note of where I was. I was tied to a chair, tight, plastic restraints rubbing against my wrists. But not enough to cut off blood supply.

The chair was bolted to the pavement, no chance of smashing it.

"I see you are finding yourself...Uncomfortable?" A voice questioned, the voice was dark and sinister. The voice was enough to make anyone's soul freeze. The voice made my stomach twist in a very unusual way. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. A chill crawled itself up my back, making the cuts and bruises my arms become covered in goosebumps. From the look of the room, I knew where I was. The farthest part of Gotham, at the docks. I believe Bruce mentioned it was called Dixon docks. It was abandoned, just a bunch of unused warehouses. The warehouse was empty and only had a simple fold-out table, with tools. A few crates were stacked on the sides that lead up towards the windows.

Blood decorated the floor in a few areas and a few chains hung from a distance on the ceiling. The blood smears lead there and to somewhere in the warehouse. The place had the stench of death. I could hear Flies buzz around. Something about this place made me sick. The smell made me want to vomit. I could smell iron or copper throughout the place I was being held.

"No shit." I growled, and as a result of my response it earned a laugh. The laugh echoed through the warehouse, it was dark and deep.

"Don't expect first class, Ms. Wayne." The voice came from the shadows, I couldn't see the figure. The voice made a pit form in my stomach.

The light over my head was threatening to burn out. It kept flickering, small dust particles floated around, while a moth attempted to land on the light.

"What do you want?" I growled in frustration, I had no patients at the moment. Was this guy Roman Sionis? He sounded similar to Roman. Maybe I was onto something here.

"Revenge for the most part, but there is something..." I thickly swallowed at his response.

"I'm not a Loquacious person, whatever your damn name is." I replied calmly.

Footsteps echoed in the ware-house. The person was heading my way. I cursed in my mind and prepared myself for who I was going to see.

My breath hitched, his appearance was strange. His appearance was intimidating. He was dressed professionally in a white and a black, pinstripe suit. He wore an intimidating skull helmet. The skull helmet made my stomach twist. I could barely see his eyes. Sweat beads threatened to fall down my forehead.

I remembered seeing this man in the paper, once. He went by the name Blackmask. He intimidated people in order to get what he wanted, in exchange for his protection. He was the biggest gang leader of Gotham. This was the first time I felt afraid. He was unreadable. My left hand couldn't stop shaking.

I kept telling myself the saying Dad taught me when I was younger. Until I felt a gloved hand cover my left hand.

"So, you're afraid? Helpless without protection, I can offer you my protection. But there is something I want in return. You are indeed breathless and strong. I need someone like that, by my side." Was he asking for me to marry him? This wasn't the way to ask someone. This was so wrong. I haven't even went on a date with the man. This seemed creepy and it left me in disgust.