VII

ᴄʜʀɪs sᴛᴏᴏᴅ ᴏɴ the other side of the door with his hands folded over his large belly peeking from his night shirt where several stains of mustard and I don't even want to know what lied.

"Everything alright in here?" Chris was the dorm supervisor who lived downstairs, and he did not look happy.

"Every... Everything's fine." I held the door at a narrowed angle to make sure he couldn't see further in. Then he'd seen vampy with a mini husky.

"Really? Because I heard barking. You know the rules about pets in dorms." He scolded. Crap. He'd heard Bailey.

"There's no pets in here, Chris. I was just watching a documentary." I lied.

Chris narrowed his eyes in a suspicious look. "At 2 in the morning?"

"Crazy, I know. But why not?" I chuckled nervously and tightened my grip on the door.

"Why do you look like you're hiding something?" he asked. He wasn't buying it. I knew I wasn't the best liar but how was I supposed to explain to him about a strange, well-dressed vampire and a dog perched on my bed.

"I-I don't." why did I have to freaking stutter when I got nervous or scared? It was my utter downfall.

"Then you wouldn't mind if I take a look?" a grown ass man snooping around a young woman's room in the middle of the night. That sure wasn't creepy. But it was less creepy than the picture in my head if he found Vincenzo. What if he killed him?

No. I didn't want to think about that.

I tried to deny Chris's demand, holding on tightly to the door but he wouldn't budge. He pushed past me and scanned the room. Shit.

But Vincenzo was gone.

So was Bailey.

Where the hell did they go?

I held my breath like a balloon desperate to withhold its last piece of air before it deflated and fell to the floor. Chris inspected every nock and cranny of my room, and when he went into the bathroom, I almost screamed in fear that Vincenzo was hiding in there.

But he wasn't.

In fact, Vincenzo wasn't anywhere.

I hadn't heard him move when I was talking to Chris. My room was still in the same shape as it was before. Nothing was out of place. He had disappeared into thin air. It reminded of Aziel when he left my room last week. I turned back and he was gone. Maybe it was a vampire thing.

He was gone now, at least.

But with Bailey.

What if he hurt him? No, I didn't want to think about that. Bailey was a tough cookie.

After Chris's inspection, he reminded me of the 'no pets' rule and apologised for the disruption. I didn't care. In some way, he was my saviour for removing Vincenzo, and when he left, I rested my forehead against the door and sighed. A cold sweat broke down my back and my heart pounded in my chest.

"Everything good, my love?"

I screamed and jumped back so my back slammed against the door before covering my mouth knowing that Chris must've been halfway down the stairs by now and was in radius of hearing me.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed. I noticed Bailey safely curled up in his arms. Thank God.

"I'm here for you." He answered simply and annoyance ticked in my brain.