A Grave Mistake

The next week or so was lackluster and uneventful. Needless to say I soaked the peace up while I could. That is, until I was woken up by my phone.

Piss off! I yawned more than growled into the device.

Well, good morning to you, too sunshine. Damon responded with sarcastic cheer.

Why are you calling me at 5:30 in the morning! Are you serious?

Well I want to screw with my brother, and then we need to have a talk. Come over.

And it has to be now? I whined.

I thought youd want to see his face. He taunted. Come on, I have bourbon.

Ah, yes. The only thing anyone in this damn town drinks.

Fine. I gave in. Give me twenty minutes and throw on a pot of coffee. Just know that if you Ever pull this shit again, Im cutting out your tongue and feeding it to Stefans squirrels.

Love you, too. Damon sang out.

Bye, Asshole.

After I hung up and begrudgingly got dressed, I straddled my motorcycle and headed to the Salvatore Boarding house. Damon heard my bike and met me in the U-drive.

Why am I here, Damon?

First, fresh coffee with bourbon. He said, handing me a mug. Second, Stefan doesnt drink human blood.

So?

So, itll be real easy to get in his head. And then we need to talk about the tomb.

I hate you. I hissed before making my way to the former rippers room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting on the desk in Stefans room, I watched as Damon gave his younger brother a nightmare. It had something to do with killing Elena but I didnt really care. It was too early for that, for any of it really. Damon zoomed to a chair in the room and Stefan shot up with a gasp.

Bad dream? Damon taunted. Do you know how easy it was to get in your head just now? You really need some human blood. It might even the playing field. Football reference. Too soon?

Stefan got up and flashed to the desk taking the letter opener from my outstretched hand. A girls gotta get pay back somehow. He then threw the blade into Damons chest.

Damon stood up unphased and pulled the foreign object out of himself.

Alright, I deserved that. He acknowledged, waving the bloodied blade. But I just wanted to let you know. They caught the culprit. He explained with a sarcastic sympathy. The animal responsible for killing Coach Tanner and all those people.

What are you talking about? Stefan asked, clearly and reasonably confused.

Apparently, I cut in standing up. it was a mountain lion. Really big one. It attacked a hunter this morning.

It was all over the news. Deadly beast captured. All is well in Mystic Falls. Damon finished dramatically, punctuating every word with his hand in the air.

Why would you cover your tracks? Why would you help him?

Ive decided to stay awhile. And Im having way too much fun with you and Elena.

This town is so boring. I explained myself. Ill take all the entertainment I can get.

Stefan chose to ignore me.

Cant touch her now.

Well.. I draw out, the vervain keeps him out of her head.

Maybe, thats not my target. Believe it or not, Stefan, some girls dont need my persuasion. Some girls cant resist my good looks, my style and charm, and my unflinching ability to listen to Taylor Swift.