Mission bound

"Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong." - I Corinthians 16:13

Reach 2552
July 24th
13:30

Gabriel stared at the doors to the room, keeping his breathing calm and his thoughts clear as he felt the armor being put into his body. The machine whirled around his body putting on his armor, screwing things into place and clamping his armor together with little effort, it was a very satisfying process to witness and even better to be the one having it done to them. Finally the last piece of armor was clamped together and his shield charged. This caused Gabriel to smile down at the doctor who is standing by the console that controls the machine "I'm ready" the Spartan said quietly as he walked towards Halsey reaching out his hands for the helmet that was in her hands. Halsey glanced up at him as she traced the cross on his helmet before handing it to him "we have a mission for you"

The Spartan nodded his head and walked out of the room but before he did anything else he looked back at the doctor who had her eyes on him the entire time. "Where is the base chapel?" This got a sigh from Halsey as she pointed to the right where he could see two wooden doors that stood out in the metal hallway, feeling embarrassed the Spartan looked down and rubbed the back of his helmet out of habit before waving his hand and walking towards the wooden door. The hallway was empty of people, they were either on missions or doing their jobs and this left the Spartan thumping down a empty hallway listening to his echos. Approaching the wooden double doors he pulled in a deep breath and gently pushed open the doors so not to disturbed anyone inside and upon entering his vision was graced with decorative glass windows with fake lights behind them, a statue of Jesus nailed to the cross in the center of the room and a few rows of pews on each side of the room. One other person was in the room other then him and they were dressed in priest garb and kneeling in front of the cross, silent and still with their head down praying, the Spartan walked as quietly as he could and kneeled next to the person who was praying and bowed his head as he started his prayer "Dear Lord, please bless me and my fellow soldiers, bless the men, the woman and the children, for this planet is being attacked by those who wish to harm us and kill us. Allow me to help those in need and save those who need saving. Guide my hand Lord and bless Reach. Amen" Unknown to the Spartan the person sitting next to the him looked over finally noticing the large soldier kneeling next to them and the persons breath caught in their throat.

To see a Spartan of all people praying was a once in a lifetime opportunity that this person got to see. Quietly they stared with wide eyes in avid fascination at the Spartan hoping they were not dreaming and that wonderful hope was very true. After a few more uncountable moments the Spartan stirred and looked towards the person and saw that a middle aged man was staring at them in wonder. Finally standing the Spartan reached his hand out towards the man offering a handshake "Spartan-025 or Gabriel if you desire" the man blinked a few times and smiled taking his hand and shaking it "I am josh it's nice to meet you Gabriel" the Spartan nodded his head and turned to look back at the wooden doors "I have a mission to go on, I'm sorry to cut this short" this caused the mans smile to falter slightly as he watched the Spartan walk away, this caused the man to notice the biblical verse on his armor "A religious Spartan, can't way to tell the guys!"

The Spartan found his way towards the landing pads thanks to the directions written on the walls and it only took him a few minutes to do so. Gabriel walked through the doors and was met with a wave of noise, men and woman were walking and running around, pelicans and falcons were taking off and coming back in, vehicles were being loaded up and crates were being pulled and pushed around. The soldiers closest to the door stoped and stared at the huge white Spartan, he towered over the soldiers and his armor didn't only stand out but it was menacing. The Spartan looked around at the soldiers before walking across the hanger towards the starting up pelican. At this point most people in the hanger have noticed him causing a massive amount of people to just stop working much to the ire of those who didn't care about the Spartan. The Armor screamed Crusader, the helmet, crosses and the good sized biblical verse on his back was obvious as well. To see a Spartan was one thing but to see one dressed in Crusader style armor truly was a sight.

Gabriel shifted nervously at the attention, and in a way to distract himself he looked outside and noticed that this was not the base he froze himself at, the lush forests were gone and instead filled with a rocky terrain "wait, what base even is this. This is not the same base I was at 22 years ago."  He was brought out of his thoughts by the increasing sound of the Pelicans engines he stopped next to the ramp and looked towards a female trooper staring at him in awe. "What base is this!" Gabriel had to yell rather loudly over the engine, the woman blinked and yelled back "S-Sword base!"  The Spartan nodded his head in thanks and clapped the woman on the shoulder gently which still caused her to lurch to her right. The soldiers watched as the Spartan ascended the ramp and sat down on the chair and look back at them before waving at them just before the ramp closed.

Inside the pelican the Spartan grabbed himself a MA37 and a magnum locking them into his armor, he leaned his head back and awaited the call from command.