Chapter 7: Prophecy

Lily's eyes widen in sorrow. Why did it have to be Coral? Why couldn't it be Moorhen? Lily had no relation to her, it wouldn't hurt like this. Tears started pouring out of Lily's eyes. Turtle pulled her closer to him and Lily buried her snout in his chest, sobbing.

"When did you get this letter?" Turtle asked Tsunami, who was now kicking her stool.

"I got it today when I was in the middle of writing a letter to Riptide," Tsunami cried, laying down on the floor, her wings over her eyes. Turtle let go of Lily and walked over to Tsunami. He wrapped his wings around her back. "I can't believe that Mom is really gone..." She whispered.

"Uh...kids...maybe you should go to your caves and pack," Turtle said with a lifeless frown on his snout. Lily and Toucan nodded, they too were lifeless in this action.

The two dragonets walked to their caves in utter silence. When she got to her cave, she saw Isla digging around. "Isla?" Lily said. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to find that bracelet Grandmother gave me...I want to wear it for her...funeral," Isla whispered.

"Oh." Lily looked at the floor awkwardly, trying not to sob again. "Do you need help?" She wondered. Isla shook her head and continued to search through her things. Lily walked over to her chest and started placing her stuff that was already unpacked inside the chest. As she was packing her things, she saw a pearl necklace that her grandma gave her on her hatching day.

Lily started to sob again, creating puddles on the floor. "Excuse me," Lily sobbed. She ran out of the cave and didn't bother to look up. When she was sure no one was near her, Lily laid on the ground with her wings over her eyes. She stayed there, sobbing for about an hour straight until some dragon tripped over her.

"S-Sorry," Lily cried.

"It's fine," the dragon replied. "Lily? What are you doing in a hallway?" he asked. Lily opened her eyes and saw a blurry version of Nighthowler. Lily wiped her tears and turned her snout away from his.

"I'm watching the sky. I just realized that...my grandmother...shines as bright as that one," Lily lied. I don't think Aunt Tsunami would want Nighthowler to know our business, Lily thought. Thank the moons that Lily got Turtle's lying skills.

"Oh...alright," Nighthowler whispered. He turned around and started to leave. Lily sighed and laid her snout on the floor. Just as she was about to sob again, talon scraps started to come over in her direction. "Actually, I know something is wrong...so...please tell me what's wrong," Nighthowler frowned.

"I said I was fine, Nighthowler," Lily growled. What is up with this guy? Couldn't he just leave her alone and let her wallow in peace?

"You are not fine. If you were fine you wouldn't be bawling on the floor," he snapped. She winced but didn't dare look at him with her red eyes.

"Just leave me alone," Lily whispered.

"No." Nighthowler sat down and wrapped his wings around Lily's. She turned away from him but no matter how hard she pulled away, Nighthowler just held her stronger. After three attempts to leave, she gave up. He leaned down to her ear and whispered, "Tell me what's wrong."

"My grandmother died...okay?!" Lily sobbed. "I'm mourning! And I'm not doing really good at it. Actually, I'm REALLY bad at it..." Lily whispered. Nighthowler nudged his tail against hers. She twined her tail with his and sobbed on his shoulder. "It's just...I don't think I can go to her funeral by myself..."

"But you aren't, you're going with your family, right?" Nightholwer wondered. Lily nodded.

"But...I don't know...forget I said anything," she hissed.

"I'll go with you if you want," Nighthowler purred.

"Really?" Lily wondered. Nighthowler nodded. Lily smiled and squeezed his tail tightly. "Thanks..."

"No problem. Anything to help a follow Alexandrite," he laughed. Lily smacked her wing against his body. "Let me go ask my dad if I can come with you."

"What if he says no?" Lily wondered, a hopeless feeling sank into her stomach.

"Then, I'll run away," he grinned. Lily rolled her eyes but walked away blushing.

As Lily walked away, Starguider came running over to her. "Starguider? What are you doing?" Lily asked.

"Look, I know it's sudden but...there's a prophecy. Well, more like a vision. Pyrrhia is at war. There's only chaos...I think it would be better for me to show you," Starguider said.

She placed her talon on my head and a vision raced on her head. Lily saw fire and destruction everywhere. The NightWings and IceWings were at war again. So where the other tribes. But the worst part was that there was no one. No queens to stop the fights, no kings, no Jade Winglet, and no Dragonents or Destiny. And in the middle of the all this chaos was a dragon...but of different colors and parts. And her Winglet was trying to stop the dragon.

"You gotta be forking kidding me!"