Prologue - Requiem Online

Requiem Online, a virtual reality mass multiplayer online role playing game, VRMMORPG for short, that has taken the world by storm. A fantasy world filled with fairies, dragons, and all sorts of creatures, both beautiful and gruesome. A wide variety of classes and an even bigger skill tree selection, the game lured in true RPG fans from around the globe to indulge in a test run of the game. With over 1.2 billion players, this game is the biggest hit of 2088.

The game became mainstream because of the real life success people have been able to garner because of the game. Large corporations have held tournaments for big cash prizes and other rewards too! The current top players in the game became big time celebrities by taking place in these very same tournaments.

The leveling system is also pretty unique. Levels are how you progress in the story line of the game and how you unlock new maps and places you haven't seen before. Each level is protected by a Boss Monster and, in classic RPG style, you have to defeat the Boss Monster in order to progress to the next Level. Your Player Level, however, is dependent on how well you do in quests and how much XP (Experience) you earn. Raising your Player Level will allow you to learn new abilities within your Class's Skill Tree and even get to the point of Class Promotion. Of course, it's not as simple as just "Leveling Up" that earns you the skills you need from your Skill Tree. You'll need to earn, and spend, Skill Points for that.

Skill Points are earned when you raise your Player Level. You then spend Skill Points based on how much the skill is, then you earn it. There are also skills that are constantly activated throughout your experience. These skills are called "Passives". You're only allowed to equip 3 Passives at once, but these skills are crucial to finding your groove as far as play style goes. You'll be able to tell who's a noob (New Player, normally inexperienced with the game; negative connotation to it) by the equipment they have on and what skills they have equipped, if you're well-versed in studying the game, of course.

Stat Points are used to upgrade your individual stats. The stats are ATK (Attack), VIT (Vitality), DEX (Dexterity), MATK, (Magic Attack), AGI (Agility), DEF (Defense), LUC (Luck), and MDEF (Magic Defense). These 8 Stats improve your character's base ability to dodge, attack, or defend against incoming attacks. You earn Stat Points by leveling up as well.

There are of course towns with shops where Players can sell items they've found, upgrade their current gear, and even buy supplies for their next quest. There's Inns to rest at too, and even in-game Restaurants. These towns are known as Safety Zones, meaning no PKing (Player Killing) unless it is an official duel. In which case, the players HP (Health Points) won't fall below 1, and once it hits 1 the duel is over. Once you leave the towns, players can actually kill you and send you back to the place you last rested at.

All of the game's information has been explained, will you proceed?

"Yes, I would like to proceed."

Good, now create your character and give yourself a name.

"Cyrus."

Is that the name you wish to be referred by?

"Yes."

Very well Cyrus, create your avatar and choose your class.