Part 3

Kyle P. O. V

I must have fallen asleep on the drive after me and Craig were done thinking of a game plan, because the next thing I knew, I was being shaken awake by a firm yet steady hand on my shoulder. "Come on dude. We're here" Craig mumbled, getting out of the car and grabbing our stuff. I follow suit and close the car door, walking around to the trunk. 

"I can carry my own stuff you know. I don't need you to do it for me." I say trying to grab my stuff off of him, but to no avail. God. He really is strong... 

"Nah, I have to play the role of the decent enough boyfriend so I should carry your stuff." He flung his backpack over one shoulder and held mine in his hand. Closing the trunk he turned to me. "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I'm not to show how much I care through words. I use actions. So don't get freaked out if I do anything ok?" He grabbed my hand with his free one and walked up to the door, knocking.

Soon enough, the door swung open in our faces and a ginger teenage girl with plaits stood there, evaluating us, before looking down at our intertwined hands and stepping aside. "Mon! Dad! Craig's home with his boyfriend!" She screamed. I could tell instantly that she hated Craig as much as Shelly hates Stan.

Craig groaned and slipped his shoes off, leading me to do the same. He dropped both of our bags by the door, kicking it closed and took my jacket, hanging both of them up. It's cold here. Craig must have noticed my small shiver because he pulled me to the sofa and sat up both down on it, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. 

"Wow Craig, you're boyfriend really is as cute as you said he was! I'm Laura! You must be..." Craig's mom trailed off towards the end and extended a hand, which I took gratefully. 

"Kyle. Broflovski. It's nice to meet you, Mrs Tucker. Craig has told me so much about you, ma'am." I say, trying to keep confident and acting like I hadn't just learned about her on the drive over here.

"Broflovski, hmm? That's a bit of an unusual name isn't it?" A balding man asked from an armchair across the room, while holding a beer and clearly abandoning any pretences of pretending to watch the football game on the T.V. He's clearly Craig's dad. Even if they don't look alike, I can tell that they are related just by his attitude.

"Dad! Jesus! Stop interrogating my boyfriend!" Craig yelled. It feels strange to hear him call me his boyfriend. Nice, but still strange all the same.

"It's fine honey, don't worry about it. It's a Jewish name Mr Tucker. My family is Jewish. I don't really actively practice it anymore, but that's where I get my name from." I say firmly with a smile. It's clear that Craig wasn't expecting me to speak up about it. He must have only dated passive boys before. 

"It's nice that Craig has found someone he can date that will actually stand up for themself instead of forcing my boy here to do it for them. Welcome to the family, son." Mr Tucker said, putting a hand on my shoulder and then removing it after receiving a death glare from Craig. Wow. He really is falling into playing the role of my boyfriend pretty easily. 

"Thank you, sir. It's good to hear that my Craig has such a nice family" I say with a smile, trying o keep up appearances. I feel Craig squeeze my hand and when I look over at him, he's smiling. This holiday might not be as bad as we both expected.