S. F. - 28

***

New.

"Hon??! The fuck are you talking about? Don't tell me you have feelings for me? Oh my gosh, New. I'm already marrying Off!"

I rolled my eyes as Gun's overdramatic ass started whining on the other line.

I turned on the car's ignition as I was dying to get away from that place or I wouldn't be able to control myself and get back inside.

"Duh, I like tall guys and you obviously don't make the cut," I scoffed as I placed the phone on loudspeaker and started driving.

"Tsss.. At least Off and I look cute whenever we're together because of our height difference. Wait? Where are you? Are you still at our house? Gosh, I didn't get why Off was so adamant at spending the day out until I remembered you and P'Tay. So, did you guys do it? How many rounds?"

"The fuck are you talking about, Gun. I'm already driving home, okay? I didn't know what went inside your husband's head for setting me up with Tay, but I don't give a shit about that asshole, okay? He just can't expect me to welcome him with open arms. I'm not some fucking weakling."

I scowled as he snickered on the other line and it irritated me that he had the audacity to laugh at the situation that I was in.

"Do you think this is a laughing matter, Gun??" I raged over the phone. I could feel my face heating up as I tried my best not to cuss Gun.

"Gosh, New. I witnessed how you mourned over your lost love. Tsss. I regretted not taking a photo of you and Tay last night. You looked incredibly sweet. But seriously, New. You should really give him a chance to explain. I mean he wouldn't leave without any reason, right?"

"What the hell are you talking about? And besides, it was him who left without a trace, Gun. You can't blame me for my pent-up anger for him."

"Yeah, yeah. But you can always talk it out. New, I gotta go. Off's whining about riding this swing me away thing. Bye!"

"Hey wait! Tsss. That midget!" I exclaimed as he abruptly ended the call without even clarifying about what he meant.

I tried remembering what happened last night but I could only recall bits of it. The last thing I remembered was falling into the pool. I didn't even how the on earth I ended up sleeping beside Tay.

"Tsss. That jerk really has his way of ruining my mood."

***

"Didn't know you're close with Mr Tawan Vihokratana."

I furrowed my eyebrows at Mr Phassakorn, our Chief Marketing Officer. I was about to enter my office after grabbing some late lunch on a Tuesday afternoon when I met him in the hallway.

"He already secured your position as the CEO of the company despite your poor performance. Some members of the board filed a complaint, but he must have pulled some strings to secure your position. Now tell me. What's going on between you two?"

I cleared my throat and held my head high as the look on his face was definitely instigating that I tell him about my relationship with Tay. Mr Phassakorn had always been arrogant, something he inherited from my uncle.