NOTICE

Hey guys! My name is Ashton & I'm the person behind this account and the one who's been doing this book to help create some really cool things that would hopefully help you! I hope that this book has found the hands of many people who needed to build on their universe or plot or characters more and just didn't know how to do it. However, I think my time with this book is reaching its end.

While I love the Harry Potter universe, the fandom has become increasingly more negative and much more toxic than what it has been in the past. In the past many of us put our differences about characters, plots, etc aside to bond with a shared love over the series as a whole. We all enjoyed stories, no matter what the main tropes or cliches used were, but now that's a very different story.

I'm a writer as well & have spent many years in the Harry Potter fandom (as both a reader and a writer). And for a long time it was the fandom I was most comfortable writing for because most of the readers were so kind and very relaxed about updates. But as HP got big on tiktok (and around that time one of my fics began to get big on wattpad), the readers dynamics changed and reactions they had to fics changed with them.

I went from having comments fully in support of my fics & things that I want to do to having comments where people were bashing my ship for being fast burn or because they were vanilla (I'm eighteen, so technically an adult, writing about teenagers doing it makes me uncomfortable). And this continued to happen even after I pointed out that it hurt my feelings and really impacted my inspiration. Next to this, I was also getting a lot of people who did not agree with my views on Jk R*wling and the issues within the series.

To make things short, the fandom needs to do better and with that, so do I. I'm taking a step back to reconsider everything that I've been doing and everything that I want to continue to do. As a fandom, we have to acknowledge that books hold so much racism, homophobia, transphobia, and anti-semitism due to JK's views, and that the actors in the movies are not perfect (Tom Felton having "no opinion" on JK Rowling's very transphobic comments that hurt the trans community). The idealization of harmful tropes (extremely toxic relationships seen within many fics that many people love) and harmful characters is something that I've seen happen more often over the years.

With my break, I'm hoping to reconnect with the fandom and the books in a way that makes sense for me. In a way that allows me to recognize the faults and in a way that will allow for me to continue writing while trying to change all of these problematic things. Because of that, I'm taking a step back from this book at the current moment. Please feel free to continue to use it, it's here for you guys to find solace and help in. I will try my best to reply to comments with any big questions.

But for now, spread love and support your authors decisions, don't tear them down ❤️