Surviving Blood of the Leonins

CHAPTER 2

No one's POV

Harith is often referred to as the last of the Leonins. Many speculate that after Helcurt's attack on Azyra, there had been few survivors. Ignatius was just practicing for his trip to Eruditio. Classic fighting and all that stuff. To Ignatius' surprise, Harith used Zaman force on him. Ofcourse Ignatius blocked and dashed all of his moves. Harith was impressed.

"You are a formidable warrior." Harith said. Impressed at how Ignatius wields his sword.

"What is a kid doing in the Lightborn squad?" Ignatius was confused. Harith was not fully human. Unlike Silvanna and the rest of the Squad. He is curious to find more about his type of species. Harith takes him in for a talk.

"You look human. But I noticed you have a tail and your ears are on the top of your head." Ignatius sipped a glass of water. After all dodging all of Harith's dashes is exhausting.

"I am a Leonin. Half human, half cat. Well, mostly human, part cat but you get the idea." Harith replied. It was just 6 hours before Ignatius leaves for Eruditio. It was 9am.

"I don't see Leonins that much around the Empire. How come you're the only one I've seen?" He asked.

Harith was dumbfounded by his lack of knowledge about the Land of Dawn. He thought that had he lost his mind? Does he know something about this?

"You look new here. You seem to not know anything about the land of dawn."

"I just moved in here 3 months ago. I'm actually not from the land of dawn. To be honest I jad no idea why I made it here. Im from a place called 'Earth.' You may see it as a myth but um-"

"Earth is not a myth. Or atleast, only to me." Harith interrupted.

"Everyone thinks is a myth. Just because the people there know alot more and they have the most advanced technology." He added.

Earth was a myth to some and a reality to a handful. He has yet to find his purpose here. And fully adapt to the new life without ACs, Phones, WiFi signal. Basically everything.

"Harith, what is your story?" Ignatius asked curiously. Without knowing, Harith hesitated to say it at first, as it is a dark past he wishes to forget but stays planted in his mind. At the end, he told everything.

"I am from Azyra. The land of the moon. The elves live there and my species. I was born and raised there by my Mom and Dad. 2 years ago when I was still 11, Helcurt's troops stormed my villaged and slaughtered everyone."

"Who is Helcurt?" Ignatius asked.

"He is from the necrokeep in the Barren Lands in the south of the empire." Harith replied, sipping a glass of water.

"The Barren lands is the place of unequal evil and corrosion. It is obvious that he ambushed your village. Azyra was corroded aswell right? The south of the continent was corroded by the Abyss." Ignatius expressed what he learned back in class. It payed off. Alot

"I survived just because Alucard saw me unconscious. He brought me to the empire. Now he is the my only family left. Just him and me." Harith teared up abit but offered a trip around the Alleyways and into the marketplace before Ignatius heads to the Magic Academy.

5 hours later

It was time for Ignatius to leave for the Magic Academy. The empire sent him off with a toast. The carriage arrived, the horses began to gallop and he departed the Sanctuary of Light. Ignatius embarked on a week's journey towards the Northern Vale where the magic academy. was located.