Chapter 1

A lot of things get settled with a little game of rock paper and scissors, Mina thinks.

Momo and Sana used it and won in choosing what to ride. The bus. They do have a car, but it's currently on repair.

Mina used it against Momo and Sana and won the last seat in that clustered bus they're on.

Momo used it against Mina, and won over the argument whether the picture she took will be deleted or not. Momo won.

It happened just a month ago.

And now, Mina is in the same situation of rock paper and scissors, again. Mina has a blank stare on. "I don't do this kind of agreement with strangers."

Mina watches the girl infront of her nod several times, shoulders rising she she lets out a big breath. "Okay. Okay. I understand." She lets out a quick sigh this time. "Here listen...uh...this pretty girl you're looking at is the prettiest girl to ever exist in this universe. My name is Im Nayeon, 16, and I'm in the same class as your cousin, Hirai Momo."

Nayeon takes step forward, "Now that you know me, help me out. Please?" She shoves her face, tilting a little to make her pleading eyes more visible to Mina. "Please? Mina-ssi?"

Mina's back is pressed on the bookshelf, her head angled away from Nayeon's face. She wanna push her, but she doesn't wanna touch her. She wanna answer no, but heck, she can't even look at her now.

She's in this situation all because of a picture in Momo's phone. That's what Nayeon has complained to her about. The thing Nayeon is needing her help with.

Mina swallows nothing, her index fingers lightly pushing Nayeon's shoulder. Nayeon wiggles her upper body, and Mina shivers in disgust. She understands that Nayeon is using aegyo to make her give in, but no, that won't change Mina's mind at all. "No."

"Aw come on, why not?~" Nayeon whines, and Mina has to look at each sides incase they're disturbing the other students. "All you have to do is play rock paper scissors with me, and one of us has to do what the winner wants."

"I don't wanna risk the possibility of losing, so no." Mina turns her nintendo off, and averts her attention back to Nayeon. "I know you'll ask me to delete a picture off Momo's phone if I lose."

"You already know, so why are you making things complicated? Just agree with it. It's not like you'll be the one to do it, you're just gonna ask Momo to."

Mina shakes her head, "Simple reason. It's troublesome." Quick silence hits them after that. "You." Mina points. "Why are you so bothered by it?"

"Because," Nayeon reasons out. "I looked so ugly there, and Momo won't stop waving that picture on my face everytime I enter our classroom. Do you know how hard it is to see yourself looking ugly?"

Mina rolls her eyes at Nayeon's reasonings, as if her own reason is so much better.

Nayeon continues her statement, "As long as that picture exists, I won't be at peace."

"Oh good then." Mina blurts out. Not that she wholeheartedly means it, but she kinda. Nayeon has disturbed her in the middle of her game just to bug her about something only she finds ugly.

Mina doesn't know what picture Nayeon is talking about, but she knows that picture is probably nothing too bad, because everything ugly in Momo's phone goes directly to trash. Unless...

"Are you close with Momo?"

The question took Nayeon aback. "Not-not really."

"Ah." Mina has figured it out now. "You're bothered by it because someone has a picture of you, which you think is ugly, and you're, hmm, let me see, overthinking?" She pauses for a second. "That Momo is using it to bully or tease you, aren't you?"