Mistletoe {A Zayn Malik Christmas Oneshot}

[Y/N] / Your POV

The air was cool, the stars twinkled above you, and the sky was dark as coal. Your thick winter coat kept you somewhat warm in the dense coldness. Pure white snow fell around you as you walked up to your flat, the one you shared with your long time boyfriend, Zayn Malik.

You were just walking from your car and into the flat. You were coming home from work. You worked at a store in a mall not far from your house. Somedays you got recognized by fans... They asked for pictures and autographs and other things like that, but you didn't mind. Zayn loved his fans and you had every intention to be nice, get them to like you.

You unlocked the door and stepped right inside. The smell of fresh Christmas cookies filled your nose. The lights that adorned the entire house blasted in your eyes all at once. You set your bag down by the door.

It was Christmas Eve. You made a mental note to text Louis later and wish him happy Birthday. You had a party for him earlier in the week so it's not like you've never acknowledged it. You stepped into your living room and plopped down on the couch.

You even closed your eyes. It felt good after a long day of work. You found it ridiculous that you had to work on Christmas Eve, but a ton of people were out purchasing last minute presents.

"[Y/N]!" You heard someone yell. Your eyes quickly popped open. Zayn was standing before you in sweatpants and a tee holding two glasses of champagne- one in each hand. You smiled and laughed. He handed you the glass and sat down right next to you.

"Merry Christmas, babe!" He said with glee. He pecked your lips lightly.

"It's not Christmas 'till tomorrow, Zayn." You said.

"But lets open presents tonight!" He whined. Before you could argue he was already taking you by the hand and leading you to the kitchen.

"You made cookies?" You asked. Zayn smirked at you.

"Yes. And we can't save them until tomorrow because Niall's coming in the morning. He'll eat them all!" Zayn said with some laughter.

Before long all of the cookies have been eaten up. Yes, all of them. You could feel a slight stomach ache coming on, but you tried to ignore it. You were cuddled up on the sofa with Zayn watching "Elf". This night was everywhere. One minute you were doing one thing and the next you two were on to a completely different activity. This night was like your entire relationship with Zayn. 100% spontaneous and random. You liked it that way too.

The light in the living room was off making the Christmas tree's sparkle pop. You loved your tree. So huge, decorated, and festive. It was a struggle to put up though...

~Flashback~

"How do you suppose we get this effing thing in our front door?" You asked Zayn. He shrugged.

"I never thought of the details," he stated. You were standing outside in the bitter cold with a terribly large Christmas tree sitting on your porch. It was much too large to fit in the front door...

"I'm going to call Liam for help." Zayn explained as he pulled out his phone.

Before you knew it Liam was in the house, Zayn outside, trying to shove the mega-tree through the door. They pulled and pushed and finally the tree was inside. A couple branches had fallen off, but oh well. Nonetheless, the tree was perfect for you and your boyfriend. Good thing Liam wasn't busy, the tree would still be sitting outside. Well, even if he was busy would he truly say reject a distressed couple? I think not.

~End of Flashback~

Now that the movie was over Zayn turned all of the lights back on. You didn't exactly know what he was up to, but he looked sort of off.

"What's wrong, babe?" You ask him. He just bit his lip and took both of your hands an led you to the basement...

Nothing special down here. You were half expecting it to be decorated. Or music to be playing. Or something! But there wasn't anything special going on.

"Babe, why are we down here?" You asked Zayn. He simply pointed to the ceiling. A cheap mistletoe hung from it.

"It was the only place in the entire flat you hung one..." He said. You giggled lightly and he smiled. You were still holding his hands. His palms were getting awfully sweaty...

"What's wrong. For real, Zayn. You're sweating." You said concerned. His face was beginning to blush.

"I just have an important question to ask you on this special Christmas Eve," he uttered. You were now peering straight into his mesmerizing brown eyes. So perfect.

"And that is?" You asked. He gave you a small half smirk and bent down on one knee.

"[Y/N], Will you marry me?"

Tears were welling up in your eyes and you clenched your chest. So many emotions flooded through you. But only one word consumed your mind.

"Yes!" You choked out in between tears.

Zayn was beaming with joy. He looked so indescribably happy.

"Best present ever!" You squealed while admiring your gorgeous diamond ring.

"Hey, so we are underneath the mistletoe you know." He laughed. You grabbed his face and pulled him in for the most insane, deep, passionate kiss yet.

The kiss had so much flare and passion that you didn't even notice a certain curly haired lad coming down the staircase...

"Hey... Whoa." He started. You broke the kiss and looked towards Harry. His eyes looked as if they were about to pop out of his head.

"I let myself in because you guys weren't answering the door... now I know why." He stuttered and smirked. Zayn looked at you and laughed. Haha, Harry. You shrugged your shoulders and looked at him.

"What? There was a mistletoe!"