𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 八

_______________________________

❝𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍❞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟖 | 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒「 万年 」

❝ — 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦, 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦
𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 ❞

_______________________________

"WHAT'S WRONG, (Y/N)?" You turned to face Akaashi while he kept his gaze on the stars. You looked back up at the dim sky and answered him truthfully, telling him something that's been on your mind for a while now.

"Do you believe in soulmates?" Your question caught him off guard as that's exactly what he was thinking about just seconds before you came.

"Soulmates? Honestly I've been asking myself that a lot lately...I think I do but I'm not sure. Why this question?"

"I don't know, it's something that I've been thinking about for a while now...I think I found mine but I'm not sure if he feels the same way."

He hummed at your answer, satisfied with it but needing more. "I heard a soulmate can be anything. A friend, a family member, even a pet, who do you think yours is?"

I don't think, I know. You brought your hands up and fiddled with your thumbs as you were about to answer him. "You first. Do you think you found your soulmate?" A small smile found its way onto his face at your cheeky answer.

"Yea, I think so but I'm in the same situation as you, I don't know if she feels the same." You hummed at his answer, both of you still stargazing. A moment of silence took over until you spoke. "When do you think you'll tell her?"

"I don't know...maybe when I think she realizes it?" He hesitantly stated, knowing that she had already realized it. You just told him. Yet he wanted to buy himself some time so he could properly ask you out, he wanted it to be perfect. If only you could read his mind.

She hasn't realize it yet? It's not me? Is he my soulmate but I'm not his? You thought that maybe you didn't hear him right, maybe you were hearing things and he still hadn't answered your question yet. You went through every excuse you could think of, but the fact was that you heard him. Clear as day.

The rain suddenly started pouring down harshly, the raindrops smacked the ground with a loud slap, one after another. Lightning roared throughout the sky and Akaashi briskly got up to head back home.

Was the universe yelling at you to get those thoughts out of your head? Or was it just matching your feelings in this moment. Did I just lose my raindrop?

"(Y/N)! Let's go! Your gonna get sick!" Akaashi yelled over the loud lightning as he stood feet away from you. Yet you stood there lost in thought, was that happiness only a moment?

Was that relief and comfort of finally finding your soulmate only a moment? A brief amount of time that didn't define anything? You were brought back to reality when Akaashi grabbed your hand, guiding you out of the rain and ran with you to go home.

You put your head down and cried, a silent, painful cry that you could physically feel. He wasn't aware because he was too focused on getting you back home safely. Your tears blended in with the rain that fell, completely masking your feelings. This isn't the end of your journey...is it?

You made it safely back home, Akaashi soon leaving to his own. You kicked your shoes off as you entered and went straight to bed, anguish and dejection clouded your senses. You decided to take a warm shower ease your mind but that was when your clouded feelings came to light and hit you like a truck.

Hot tears started forming in your eyes, stinging for a split-second then falling, blending in with the water once again and going down the drain. This isn't the end your journey, you wouldn't let it end like this, not after you were so close.

You knew in your heart that this wasn't the end of you and Akaashi, he had to feel the same way you did, you both connected on another level. You had to be each other's soulmates.

Unless the universe was playing an unfair game. What if Akaashi was part of your droplet but yours had nothing to do with his?

You had spent this whole spring break to think about all of these thoughts and find answers to them, ignoring all of his texts and calls to focus on the greater picture. It hurt so much just to think about him but you felt the need to.

As you were sitting on your bed, staring out through the window on a cold, Sunday night watching the rain fall, your reflection stared back at you, mirroring your painful state.

You wanted to find out who exactly Akaashi thought his soulmate was, and if the answer was anything else but your name, he was wrong.

Heartbreak after heartbreak blurred the reason as to why you existed, to find your soulmate. A high-pitched ping from your phone sounded throughout your room.

[Akaashi]

(Y/N)?
Read Tuesday

Are u doing ok?
Read Wednesday

Pls answer I need to tell u something but
it has to be done in person
Read Friday

Meet at the tree tonight? I'll be waiting even if
u don't come
Read 9:47 pm

You contemplated texting back, you felt so bad seeing all of his texts worrying about you. The least you could do was listen to what he had to say. Even if he didn't feel the same, you were going to be in his life no matter what. So, you got dressed and left the house, ready to finally face him.

[Y/N]

I'll be there
Read 9:53 pm
_______________________________