Dying Isn't the Worst Thing (that could happen)

Can you please give some feedback in the comments? Constructive criticism is welcomed, actually, encouraged.

I have been waiting a long time, six months today to be exact, for my wish to come true. I figured that they wouldn't do it, probably because of my age, I'm just too old, they normally take wishes from kids. Sometimes they'll take a wish from a patient who they know only has like a week to live. Okay, so maybe a little longer.
I know I sound like I'm whining but it's just kind of annoying to hope for something to come when you know it's never going to happen. I know I'm never going to live a normal life because of this thing I have, cancer.
I know you're probably thinking that this is like that book about the two teenagers with cancer, it's not. It's just... Honestly, I don't know. I do know that this cancer, it's going to kill me. Once I figured that out, I realized that everyone has to die, some people are just better at it. Of course, that doesn't mean I want to die, I still want to do something like skydiving. That just means that I'm okay with dying.
I made the wish, as I said, so I could see a friend of mine, I haven't seen him in a while since he moved to go to college. That was a long time ago. We still keep in touch, I'll talk to him via text message or whatever every now and them but it's not the same.

So I made my wish when I was about seventeen. That was also the second year anniversary of when I found out I had cancer. Fun. The doctors in the hospital were doing the same thing they always do, act like they care. I'm sure that not all of them are like that but the ones that I've encountered are. That's the way people tend to act though.

"Hello Miranda," the doctor said, "How are you feeling today?"
"Same as always." I replied.
"The results came in." the doctor stated in a flat tone.
"And?" I asked.
The doctor closed the door to the room we were in and gestured to a cushioned chair. "You might want to sit down." he said.

The Doctor proceeded to tell me what's wrong and what I would have to go through for the few years. I knew that there was going to be bad news