Part 2: It's All a Blur

A/N: heyy everyone. hope you enjoyed part 1 !  here's part 2

***

"Moooonyy, tell her to stop being mean to me."

Y/n suppressed a laugh and picked up her quill to continue her homework assignment. In the common room that evening, there wasn't much studying going on between y/n and her friends. It seemed they were too busy joking and reminiscing on old memories to pay attention to their essays and studying. 

"Sirius, you're a big boy. You can take it," Remus replied to his boyfriend. "Plus, I think y/n has a point. You do tend to get carried away when you're in one of your moods."

Sirius pouted. "Do not. I just like to have fun, is that such a crime?"

Remus thought. "Perhaps not. That's the reason we're together, after all."

"When? The party?" 

Remus rolled his eyes. "Yes, you dolt. That's when you were flirting incessantly with me and wouldn't stop until I kissed you."

"Well, I don't know about all that." 

Sirius, whose head was in Remus's lap as they both relaxed on the common room couch, reached up to run his thumb across his boyfriend's jawline. Remus quickly looked away, trying in vain to not let his face get red. 

"Nope, that's definitely what happened," chuckled y/n. "I was a primary witness."

Sirius scowled at her. "I wouldn't get so cocky, Miss 'I-Was-Flirting-With-Regulus-All-Night."

Y/n dropped her quill and gazed at him dubiously. "What the hell does that mean?"

"Oh, don't act all innocent," Remus smiled at her. "I was right there. You were making eyes at him all night."

"Seriously, guys, stop joking. It's not even funny."

"We're not joking, right James?" Sirius glanced at his best friend, who was silent in the seat beside y/n at the table. 

"Hmm?" James had a faraway look in his eyes.

"Looks like somebody's dreaming about Lily Evans again," remarked y/n with a quirk of her eyebrow. "What's the daydream this time? Imagining you're wedding day?"

James went red. "Shut up, y/n, I'm not ... I'm not thinking about her. I was doing Charms homework. See?" He snatched a piece of parchment from the table and waved it around. There was nothing written on it. 

"Wonderful essay, Prongs," said Remus. "I love your eloquence and use of vocabulary."

James glanced at the blank parchment and grumbled to himself. "Okay, so I was thinking about her. Leave me alone." A smile crept to his face, despite it all.

Sirius, who had gotten bored admiring his boyfriend's features, suddenly sat up from the couch. "No, but really, y/n. Do you not remember that night at the party?"

Y/n sighed. "That was at least two months ago. I was probably drunk."

Sirius considered this. "Huh."

Y/n looked at him questioningly. "What?"

"Nothing," he replied slyly. "It's just a shame, 'cause Regulus talks about you all the time."

Something in the pit of her stomach churned. "What do you mean?" 

"Whenever we're together, which isn't a lot, mind you--" Sirius gestured to the Gryffindor logo on his robes, "-- he always asks about you. 'Oh, Sirius, how's y/n doing?' Oh, Sirius, how's y/n been recently?' 'Oh, Sirius, did you ask her about the party?'" He groaned. "It's bloody annoying."

Y/n was too shocked to respond. The only thing she really remembered from that night was dancing and loud music. And Sirius, of course. But most of it was blurry, like trying to remember a dream after you just woke up. The events of the party had certainly happened, but they were just fuzzy. 

"Who do you think gave you the alcohol?" asked Remus. "You wouldn't have had enough balls to drink unless someone offered it to you."

Y/n pursed her lips. "So you're telling me I talked to Regulus Black that night, and he gave me alcohol? Sounds sketchy. Regulus doesn't even know me that well. I've only met him like, once or twice."

"If only you heard him talk about you, y/n," said Sirius. "It's like he was preparing to propose or something."

Now that she thought about it, she could recall a faint memory from that night: a pair of blue-gray eyes, similar to Sirius's now that she looked at him, but different in the sense that they were darker, more mysterious. More closed off, more mature. 

She found that Sirius and Remus were staring at her. "What is it?"

"You remember him don't you?" smirked Sirius.

"Only... only a little bit. It just seems weird that he would even talk to me. There were plenty of girls in his year who were alone that night. Why did he pick me?"

"Maybe he likes you. Ever think about that, y/n?" 

Remus looked down and swatted away Sirius's hand wandering up his thigh. He muttered something in a harsh voice to Sirius, but the latter just smiled. 

"Moony has a point," said Sirius. "My brother probably likes you. He always falls for the desperate girls."

"I will fuck you up." Y/n aimed her quill like a dart at Sirius's face and prepared the throw it. Sirius raised his hands in surrender and took back his comment in fear that y/n would turn his face into a dartboard. 

"Anyways, it doesn't matter to me," y/n shrugged, directing her quill back to her paper. "I've got to focus on my studies. My parents would kill me if my marks dropped because I'm too preoccupied with boys or whatever."

"Certainly hasn't worked out for you, Pads," said Remus with an elbow to his boyfriend's side.  

"And I don't regret it for a second." 

Sirius grabbed Remus's face and kissed him long and heavy. Y/n found it cute that everything Sirius did either aggravated Remus or made him blush. She loved their relationship, and sometimes, it even made her a little jealous. Not in an unhealthy way, but in a way that made her long for someone to kiss and argue with and cuddle when she felt low. 

Maybe he likes you. Ever think of that, y/n?

Y/n found it hard to concentrate on her studies that evening. Too preoccupied with the image of those eyes. Blue-gray and tantalizing, almost begging y/n to remember something, anything about that night. 

***

A/N: thanks for reading !!!