Chapter Two: Woah There, Battle Time, Already?

... You two didn't know about the two shadows looming over you, right now. "Get down! Infected!" It's the patrol officers of P.P.D, and they have guns! Oh, shoot! Zach! You're not letting your new friend die here! "Run!" You grab his hand and start bumbling around a bit before taking off at full speed. *Tiiik, tik, tik* "Woah! Close one! Barely missed the bullets!" Zach exclaims.

  Well, this is definitely a day of reckoning. You just saved what you can only describe as an acquaintance who's a "zombie" in this seemingly fictional apocalyptic situation. *Huff...Puff...* "You owe me a life-saving now, Zach." You croak out as you let go of his hand, and lightly punch at his shoulder. *Tik, tik* "Fair enough, fair enough." You pull out some water and suddenly realize. Wait, wherein the world even are we!? *Tik, tik* "We're on the other side of town!" I, hah, what!? Your non-existent confidence plummets further.

  Hold on a moment, how can he tell!? *Tik* "Well, there's the hospital, and the ironically placed Dash Foods right next to it. He's pointing to his right. You look over and notice the hospital and fast food building. Seriously, this placement is so bad, it's hilarious. A hospital right next to a fast food joint? Who planned this!? *Tik* "Well, when you put it that way, it is pretty funny," *Tik, tik* "And you sure do talk a lot." He says. "Wha-" You clasp your hands over your mouth, "I do?" you ask him in a muffled voice.

*Tik, tik, toc, tiiik* "Why... Did you leave me, Marylyn? Help me find my wife..." ...Uh oh. That doesn't sound like Zach's winding keys, or voice. "How about no?" You ask as you remove the baseball bat from your bag and start swinging it to pummel the random infected, but make a huge blunder, and smack Zach in the face instead. *Tik, tik, screee!* He makes a noise that really only reminds you of a wild animal. His nose is broken a bleeding a bit. "I'll fix your nose later, take this!" You toss him a small Glock. *Click, click* "You had a GUN!?" He asks you incredulously while dodging the infected's fist.

"Well, YEAH, this is the apocalypse, that's the main weapon!" "...Are you licensed?" "Of course!" You reply.

Well, time to tell our new friend here that we don't want to be beaten up...

A/N: Shorter chapter this time! End of the school assignment, so everything else from here on will just be me winging it more slowly, lol. See ya'll later!