Chapter 5 - A Traitor's True Anguish - A Hunt

Drip.

Slowly opening my eyes, I tiredly lifted my hand and placed it on my cheek.

What was that just now?

Then I felt it again.

Then again.

And once more until...

Water began splashing all over my room.

I bolted awake and checked the time, seeing it was 01:45. Looks like I managed to fall asleep after all.

But why would the sprinklers be on this early?

At first, I thought it was just some random fire drill like they'd occasionally do at schools. However, unlike a normal fire drill, there had been no fire alarm or announcement. Just water pouring down from the sprinklers.

I decided to get up and go out into the main dormitory lounge area to see if anyone else was experiencing what I was.

Once in the lounge area, I saw two very familiar figures complaining.

Reina and Mizuki.

"What the hell? This seriously ruined my beauty sleep." The former groaned, trying her best to keep her hair dry even though it was already too late.

"I know right! I was having such sweet dreams about Ku, just for this to happen? Not cool!" Mizuki whined, sitting on the wet couch.

Well, I'm glad to see those 2 are ok. I still decided to check up on them

"Are you guys ok?" I asked, walking down the stairs to meet with them.

"Oh, it's just you, Dumborin." Reina greeted me with the nickname she had assigned me ages ago. "Good to know you didn't cause this news. I would have been pissed."

"I'm so happy your ok!" Mizuki happily got up and hugged me, carefully balancing herself so she wouldn't slip on the wet floor.

"Wait, do any of you know how this happened?" I wondered, pulling away from Mizuki after a short embrace.

"Nope. Not in the slightest." The green-haired girl sighed, fidgeting with the carefully tied knot that secured her silk robe.

"Strange..."

We continued to chat to pass the time until the sprinklers stopped since none of us would be able to sleep when it was pouring down. It took them about 5 minutes to finally start calming down, but the whole dormitory and most likely the whole school was soaked.

"Ugh! Finally! Now I can go back to my precious dreamland..." Mizuki already began to doze off mid-sentence.

"I just want to find whoever caused this. They're going get a major scolding from me." Reina added.

"You can save that for tomorrow. Right now, we should be getting back to sleep." I advised.

"Agreed, but I gotta change out of these clothes. It's a shame too, this was my favorite robe." she continued, agreeing with me.

We ended our discussion there and returned back to our dorms. I remembered Reina's idea and decided to do the same thing. I changed out of my wet, damp pajamas in exchange for some better ones after drying my hair and placing it in a messy ponytail so it wouldn't get in the way.

Then, once I was back in bed after drying the bedsheets, I tried to go back to sleep, pondering about the strange occurrence.

-

I felt a warm breeze against my cheek, slowly waking me up.

Sitting up, I examined the room. Some of it was still wet as I hadn't bothered to tidy it up last night, but the majority of it was now dry. I wondered what time it was, seeing as the morning announcement hadn't played yet.