Heartache

I still remember that day, the day you decided my love was not worthy enough.

The day you felt the need to put my love aside and touch someone else.

That day happened to be so gorgeous, the weather was perfect. The birds were singing, the sky was beautiful and clear. Everything was so perfect.

I had used my saved money to get on the bus to see you. I was already missing you even after the long date we had the day before. I was so excited to see you.

When I reached your house, there was this strange car parked in front. Naive me thinking it was your friend's car, ignored it. How much I wish I would've turned my back and left because the scene I had to witness broke me.

The front door happened to be unlocked, how could I have been so stupid to not realize something was off?

As I made my way up the stairs, I noticed the different pieces of clothing scattered on the floor. My suspicion only grew bigger when I heard the muffled sound of voices. I walked towards the door, and there you were.

My world slowly crumbled into pieces, as I saw the man I loved hold someone else dearly. The way you smiled as if your actions were not important. You held her, you hugged her.

As if you had completely forgotten I existed. As if I was no longer your girlfriend.

The tears fell one by one, wetting away the smile I prepared to show you. My heart seemed to have gotten louder, the thumping became annoying to hear.

At that moment I wanted to leave, so why didn't I? I stayed. I hoped that maybe you would remember who I was. I hoped you would remember that you already had someone to hold like this.

The moment you put your lips on her, that's when I realized I should've left. That's when I realized I should've never come.

I can't lose you.

I silently left the house. With no money left, I walked towards Sofia's house.

You broke my heart, so why can't I leave you? Noah, why can't I just say we're done?

Noah, why do I love you?

Love makes you do stupid things. Like stay with a man, knowing that he cheated on you. I can't help it. I just can't imagine a life without you.

Oh how much I wish I would've never gone to your house.

If I hadn't found out that day, I would've had to find out eventually, right?

I will be able to leave you eventually, right?