꧁59꧂

"What did you want to talk about?" James asked the Slytherin girl as they stood outside the Gryffindor common room, the fat lady looking down at them. "I knew you wouldn't be able to speak with Lily there. She has found a new hobby of getting involved with my conversations."

Leta raised eyebrows in interest to hear this information. "I should probably not tell my ex-girlfriend that." He muttered to himself which made her snicker. "Don't worry. We technically didn't date because you didn't love me." She shrugged which made James sigh.

"I didn't mean that I was just frustrated." He sighed which made Leta nod. "It's okay. You need to say the worst things possible because you know you can't win in an argument with me." She shrugged which made he chuckle.

"Well, I wanted to say that," She paused and took in a deep breath. "Regulus became a death-eater this summer." James instantly grabbed her arm and pulled up her sleeve to check if she had one, letting out a sigh of relief when her arm was bare.

"I'm sorry Leta." He said. "No it's okay. I'll let you get back to your doting Girlfriend" She said, turning to walked away but James grabbed her hand and turned her around, pulling her closer and kissing her which caught her off guard. His hand ran across her cheek and Leta felt herself deepen the kiss so she pushed him off.

"James, you have a girlfriend!" She hissed which made the boy look down in shame. "I know. I'm really sorry." He apologised, going back into the common room with his head hanging low.

The four Marauders sat in the Gryffindor common. Remus and Sirius sat opposite each other with James on the couch, Lily cuddling into him. 4 sat on the floor with a small plant pot in front of him.

James kept his head down in shame which went unnamed. "Right, I'ma go to bed." Remus said, getting up and stretching which made his jumper ride up.

Sirius then dramatically held onto his chest and fell off his chair with a thud. "My Godric Moony, the things you do to me!" Remus smirked but rolling his eyes and walking out.

Lily placed a kiss on James's cheek to get his attention which failed, instead he continued to look down. "James? Is everything okay?" She asked, lifting up his chin.

"Huh? Yeah, I just need a walk." He then got up, leaning the red head who tried to keep him sat down. He then walked out the common room. "You told me you convinced him and told him the truth that had no future with Leta." She hissed at Sirius who sat up.

"You're making it sound like I forced him to leave her, I did it for the him so he wouldn't get hurt ,and I hate it as much as you, but if he can't seem to stay away from her, he clearly still likes her." Peter looked up with confusion, cradling the plant in his arms.

James wandered around aimlessly, avoiding the harsh croaks of Filch who searches the castle for students out of bed. He got a large door which he pushed open and walked into the room.

He walked closer to the large mirror with words carved on the top of it, sitting down in front of it with his head in his hands.

He glanced up at the mirror to see a female hand on his shoulder. He put his hand on top of hers and looked behind him to see nothing. He then looked back to see Leta smiling back at him. He began to rub his shoulder where her hand was and let out a small sigh.

It was now the 8th of September and Leta made her way to the kitchens which she did every year for her brother's birthday.

She got to the kitchens and with a flick of her Phoenix cored wand, ingredients for a chocolate cake appeared on the counter. Leta then began to mix the ingredients together.

"Peter, can you get me some snacks please?" Sirius pleaded with puppy eyes. The boys normally got him to get snacks because of his peculiar friendship with the house elfs so they wouldn't snitch to Filch that he was in there.

"No way! James can!" He pointed at the messy haired boy who had gotten back from his mysterious walk. Remus groaned as he was half asleep. "James go get the snacks so I can sleep." He growled as he pulled the covers over his face.

"You are so cute." Sirius whispered in Remus's ear as he tried to get into bed with him. James let out a loud huff before getting up. "I am not 'cute' Sirius." Remus replied, turning around where his face got closer to the smirking Sirius.

"Sure you're, Moony. With your hair and your books and you face." Sirius said, squishing the taller boys cheeks. "I turn into a murderous beats once month, that's not cute." He replied with a blank face.

"Cutest werewolf I have ever seen." Sirius said, placing a small kiss on his forehead, making Remus blush slightly. "Met many werewolves, have you Padfoot?" He asked.

"Not any others I like to fu-"

"Sirius!" Remus screeched, covering Sirius's mouth as Peter sat on his bed, most probably traumatised.

James got closer to the kitchen and as he opened the door, he noticed Leta sitting alone by the counter with a cake in front of her. On top was was couple of lights candles which she stared at.

"Bit sad that you are celebrating your birthday alone." James chuckled as he walked in, shutting the door behind him which made her jump. "It's not my birthday. It's my brothers." This comment made them both let out a sigh, looking down at the floor.

"Hey, we'll sing happy birthday together." He said with a smile to cheer her up, taking her hands into his which he instantly let go off with a face of regret.

The two students then began to sing happy birthday to the cake in front of them.

"Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Corvus,
Happy birthday to you."

James let Leta do the honours of blowing out the candle before using a knife to cut herself a slice. "Did you let a five year-old decorate that?" He smirked, walking over to a cupboard. "Tea?" He asked her which she nodded to.

"I did. They are very useful and they fit right in your pocket." She said sarcastically, patting on a pocket to her hoodie. "Do you do this ever year?" James asked her, running his hand through his curly hair. Slowly she nodded, shoving a forkful of cake into her mouth.