The Yellow Lion's home

Hunk wasn't gonna beat around the bush. He had been a slave to the empire for all 19 years of his life. He always expected to be. He didn't have many hopes for freedom. He just worked in the mines listening to scream. Listening to orders. Doing as he was told to scared of how his family would be punished if he stood up.
Yet, some how while dealing with all this stress he met Shay. Shay has been a bright light in the darkest of times. She had seemed to make the galaxy be whole and happy again. She made him a better more hopeful person ever since they met when they were 16.
It had been almost 4 years since then and today had been the day Hunk had planned to ask her to make his world better. Ask him to be his wife, and give her the chance to have him brighten his world. He had permission from her father. Hell he even had a tiny house picked out for them to move into if she said yes.
That is until the voices and dreams came.
A voice that pressured him to go to the deepest part of the mine. The parts that had been closed since Hunk was child due to a cafe in, but a voice kept telling him in his dreams to come there.
At first he ignored it. Pretended the voice never existed at all. Pretended nothing was happening. After all it was just dreams...that is until a few days ago when the voice came out of his dreams.
Every-time he was alone it would now whisper to him, weather he was asleep or not. It would whisper in a voice that sounded a lot like his mother's had. Almost as if trying to trick him. Or maybe it was his own mind. Maybe he had finally cracked under pressure and was hearing things. That very thought stressed him out so bad he missed a lot of sleep which led to Shay confronting him about it. Despite better judgement he told her.
And now they were here.
Hunk being dragged down a closed off section of the mine with his woman. A broke, ugly old ring hidden in his back pocket for her as Shay searched thinking it was a sign from the universe. A sign that Hunk was special.
Hunk sighed. God, even when it could go bad Shay always looked on the bright side. Eve when he thought he was insane, Shay always thought he was wonderful. And she always would. Maybe that's why he wanted her to say yes so bad. She always saw him as the best thing in the whole universe no matter how many times he screwed up.
"I think she is perfect for you my cub."
Hunk jumped a foot in the air spinning around. The voice sounded like it was coming from right behind him. Like it was his long since dead mother whispering kind words to him.
"Hunk! Hunk are you okay?" Shay asks running over as his eyes darted around the cave.
"Yeah, yeah I just heard something..."
"What? Again? Where was it?"
"Right behind me." Hunk said breathlessly still looking around..that is until he looked better as the wall behind him. Was a rock in front of him in the wall. It just seemed to be popping out. Almost as if it was shining.
"That's it my cub..reach out for me and I will be here for you..."
"Hunk what are you doing?" Shay asks slowly.
"The rock..it's glowing...or is it-"Shay cur him off.
"If it's glowing it's glowing. Reach out for it. It might mean something." Shay said aloud. Hunk nodded slowly reached down touching.
And with that rock wall dispersed slowly. As soon as it did he saw yellow making Shay gasp. It was here. The lion they heard about from stories Long ago. Ounces that were destined to save the world. And Hunk had found it.
He had found the yellow lion. He had found a Voltron lion.
Yeah, needless to say any plans Hunk had for that night were gone now.