Chapter 1 - Jester

"Let's see here, green hair set to shaggy.. blue eyes... oh I love this one! Hm, now to choose a race." I look at the various races before coming to my favorite fantasy race, Elf.

[Elven Lineage]
- Darkvision
- Enhanced Perception
- Mana Attunement

Okay, Character Editing Finalized."

Please choose a class.

The boxed in symbols of various classes encircle all around me. Most were obviously appealing, like Swordsman, Thief, Archer, and even a Shielder class! I pondered on which to choose, looking at how many people chose each class.

Swordsman: 1,608,879 Players
Thief: 1,598,245 Players
Archer: 1,145, 389 Players
Shielder: 3,121 Players

"Oh, wow! I thought more people would've been interested in Shielder."

As I looked around, examining the number of players and their classes, one symbol caught my eye. It was a smiling drama mask with a shocking number of players next to it.

Class: "Jester"
Players: 0

"Huh? Zero Players?! That's unusual..."

I touched the square to bring up the class info. Even role play classes like Blacksmith or Chef had been chosen by a handful of people, so what makes this class different?
It
Jester

Key Stats: DEX/LUC
Proficient Weapons: Card Sets
Proficient Items: Musical Instruments
Proficient Armor: Clothing
Class Trait: Luck of the Draw
Starting Skills: House of Cards, [Passive] Last Laugh
Starting Equipment:
1x Entertainer's Garb
1x Basic Card Set
1x Basic Healing Potion

Reviews (0)
0 Stars out of 5

"This class sort of has the build of a Bard, but it sounds like this is more of a role playing class, right?"

I think that maybe I should give it a shot, I mean, it's an interesting concept for a class and, from the looks of it, I'd be the first one to play it. I tap confirm.

Are sure you want the class: [Jester]?

"Yes."

Thank you. Welcome to Requiem Online, [Jester] Cyrus!

A bright flash of light blinds me and before I know it, I'm in a town square surrounded by other players! Some look like they just got here too and others look like they're a little more experienced. I take it all in, gawking and awing at the scenery. It was like something straight out of a fantasy novel, but I was in the book, and I couldn't wait to write the story.

I open up my [Inventory] and equipped the [Basic Card Set] in my main weapon slot. A set of cards appear, already strapped to my waist. I check out my skill House of Cards and what I saw made me even more curious about this class.

House of Cards

MP Cost: 0
-Player Movement Speed is reduced to 0 for 5 seconds
-All incoming damage is nullified for 5 seconds
-Damage you would've taken is reflected back unto the enemy.

Cooldown: 30 seconds
[Must have a Card Deck equipped to use.]

"My starting skill is a reflect skill? That makes XP grinding a lot slower."

I thought about how long it could take to level up with just this, and yes I could just log out and delete the game then reinstall to start over, but that would also be so much work.

"Hm, well I can still rely on my basic attacks when it's on cooldown. I believe I can still make this work in my favor."

I take stroll through to the starting town of Esguard, on my way to the quest board and accept the first Story quest. Excitement coursing through my veins with every step, the beautiful and cozy scenery reminding me of a quaint medieval town in a fantasy world. It was also cool to see the other player avatar's! Elves, Dwarves, Half-Demons, and even normal Humans walking amongst each other is a dream-like experience.