~Once Upon A December~ (Edgar x Luca)

Warning: This story might contain slight angst, please if you are uncomfortable with the themes of this skip to the next chapter

~

(Edgar's POV)

~

Dancing bears, Painted Wings

I was in a large hall, filled with joyful people and loud music. Everyone was happily dancing along, not a care in sight. They didn't even have a worry about anything at all. Yet, I'm still here, sitting down, miserably. Painting this majestic scene that I could most unfortunately not be a part of. I was assigned to paint everyone in the ballroom, capture all emotions from every individual dancing at the current moment. 

Things I almost remember

It's all too blurry of a memory now though, all I can recall are the superficial details. It had been so long ago, until we were sent to this manor. And now we are being forced to play this stupid, 'game'. I'm not sure what to even call it anymore, it just feels like a form of torture. 

I found myself walking around the manor, trying to find somethng worthy of my time. I had never been here before at the moment, so this was my first day, all alone. Walking with nobody by my side.

And a song, someone sings, once upon a December

It was not long till I wounded up in a dining room of sorts, nobody was there but plates and silverware were scattered across the table. I didn't bother to investigate that room any further for now so I just made my way out of there, hoping I wouldn't stumble into anyone. But of course, it always happened.  A young man, around his 20s was standing at the end of the hallway, making conversation with somebody else. He had a messy ponytail and it seemed like chains, or at least the collar part of them were hanging off his neck. It looked like they were apparently done having their chat right as soon as I tried approaching the man. 

"Hello! Must be new here, The name's Luca Balsa, happy to see more people!"

Something struck me right as he said that sentence, Luca Balsa. Wait, it couldn't be him right. It wasn't him, I refused to believe that. I knew his punishment got cancelled but he couldn't have just been in the manor this whole time. 

"Cat's got your tongue? Hey! Are you still there?"

I realized I accidentally zoned out in front of him, I quickly apologized and carried on.

"Greetings Mister Balsa, I'm Edgar, Edgar Valden. THat's about all you need to know"

Someone holds me safe and warm, horses prance trough a silver storm

He sounded as if he never knew me, did he not remember me? Did he just forget about me completely? It wasn't that long that we had known eachother but we weren't complete strangers. He was the only one who could actually see past my paintings, the only one who actually cared for me. He's the only I could've ever trusted, and he just doesn't remember me at all? I'll admit it, it was some time ago but it's not that easy to forget a person like that. 

Figures dancing gracefully across my memory

"Huh, I could've sworn I've heard the name Valden around. Oh but I'm sure I'm just mistaken! Anyway, what brought you here to me, may I ask?"

"Well, you see, I'm trying to find something entertaining in this place but everything seems so dull, it's, not elegant as I expected for a manor. Hell, I even may have expected a ballroom somewhere because of how big the bulding in itself is. But like you, I guess I'm just mistaken as well"

(Luca's POV)

Far away, long ago, glowing dim as an ember

This Edgar guy had just stumbled across me out of absolutely nowhere, I was even talking to someone else before him. Not that I was complaining though, since they really weren't the nicest person I've met. I was surprised the both of us even managed to have a conversation, it never looked like if anyone wanted to talk to me at all. 
Soon though, I began recalling something quite hazy. 
He mentioned a ballroom. Dimmed lights, and people dancing as if there was no tomorrow.
Someone sitting in the corner, holding a canvas and art supplies.

It stopped.

I can't remember much after that. 

Things my heart used to know, things it yearns to remeber

I wanted to know what happened but nothing was clear anymore. I looked down at his hand and just now realized, was he the person painting? He was in the corner of the room, quietly doing his own thing. I quickly took him by the hand and rushed to the ballroom of the manor.

"Care to dance with me?"

Now it made sense, all of it. Everything was finally coming together. 

He took his hand away and asked me what was going on. I couldn't begin to explain it. I just wanted to stay by his side. 

"Can't you remeber this? It happened somewhere similar to this didn't it?"

"What the hell are you talking about? Do you mean the..-"

He got cut off, it looked as if he was also realizing what was happening. 

And a song, someone sings...

"Luca, you invited me to dance. I kept declining but you insisted. We spent our time together like this, dancing until the sun came up"

I smiled with tears in my eyes, wrapping my arms around him, I couldn't believe he actually remembered that. 

Neither of us said anything for the next minute, just silent sniffling coming from me.

"Goodness Balsa, what has gotten into you? I know I never talked to you much but something is  definitely different from when I met you"

"I just miss you, I never though we'd end up in the same place"

Once upon a December.

I felt him kiss my forehead and pat my hair. I couldn't express this moment of pure joy, I had finally reunited with him again. And he still liked my presence, at least it seemed like he did.

"Hey don't get like this right in the middle of the manor, at least find somewhere private where we can enjoy our company more"

I gladly took his hand and brought us both to my room, being the beginning of something that I couldn't forget ever.

~

~

~

~

~

~

Oh dear! Again, apologies for the story not being the longest, I kinda had to rush this in the middle of the night so I sincerely apologize! But anyway, thank you so much for reading this story! Hope you have a wonderful rest of you day/night!~

-Joseph