Chapter 16: Commotion Sickness

**sets to Trent's perspective**

Trent's POV:

Our first challenge was something usual on reality TV and nothing whacked-out as seen on Revenge of the Island, All Stars, or Pahkitew Island.

Dakota is doing a good job taking care of our daughter while we're competing in environments that aren't safe for babies; despite her not liking being an intern.

Both Gwen and I know this is just the beginning and experiences may not be easygoing so we'll need to consider more logical options.

**switches to Gwen's perspective**

Gwen's POV:

It seems like this season of Total Drama might be moderate on harshness based on our analysis.

We've had positive and negative experiences and some neutral events this year but I recall facing worse during past competitions.

I might have to get help from Courtney's lawyers if conditions become inhospitable for our daughter's sake.

**end perspectives**

—Scene at the trailer area; at 10:45 AM the following day—

The contestants woke up the next day to prepare for their upcoming challenge.

"Last evening's challenge was 'child's play' and Blaineley better have something more compelling in stall for us." Scott said to his team.

"From what we've done in the past, we'd probably all agree." Gwen reflected.

"Yep, we've had worse." Courtney concurred.

Dakota came over to the girls' trailer to speak with Gwen before babysitting her daughter.

"The other interns have gotten very sick and I'm glad I didn't get near them yesterday." Dakota told Gwen.

"Something may have went wrong with the meal courses; yet I'm doubting it was my team's cooking." Gwen replied to her.

"Things on this show are known to be staged by hosts on occasion; I believe you." Dakota affirmed.

"It's a good thing you're still in perfect shape so you can look after Erika again." Gwen commented.

"I promise to not let you down." Dakota assured her.

—11:00 AM—

Blaineley showed up at the trailer area a few minutes later to announce the second challenge.

"Good morning competitors; it appears that several of our interns got food poisoning yesterday night as a result of some bad food item from the cook off." Blaineley said to the contestants.

"Your next challenge will be a race to get medicine for the sick interns in the medical tent."

"In this game you must get to one of the doctors in the campground then bring the medicine that was handed to you to the interns."

"The first team who picks up medicine and reaches the goal wins."

"The challenge will start when I blow the airhorn."

"On your mark, get set, go!" Blaineley signaled.

The two teams made a run towards the campground to locate the right doctor.