𝟑 | The Hunt Begins

𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬
" glitter and gold "
CHAPTER 1: THE MANDALORIAN

𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬" glitter and gold "CHAPTER 1: THE MANDALORIAN

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

Neytiri would forever be uncomfortable with the Mandalorian and the amount of trust he showed her.

She didn't know his name, his face, his age and yet he brought her somewhere many would kill to be. Everything in her willed her mind to forget every detail of the city around her, to cast away the directions they took, and to abandon every thought of the man beside her. It would do him good for her to forget him at this point. She knew too much.

Secrecy was his life after all.

"Why do you bring me here?" She hissed, ears flattened to the side of her head while her sharp teeth were bared in annoyance at the stoic man in front of her. His strides were quick but her much longer legs kept her right on his tail. She wast tempted to stomp on the back of his boot.

"Because I don't trust you on my ship alone"

"Why, scared I'll fly off with it?" She scoffed

The man didn't answered but there was a small bob from his head.

The Na'vi rolled her yellow eyes before her long steps came to a sudden halt at the sight of a vaguely familiar arch carved into a sandstone wall. A tattered red cloth covered the entrance. It was old and weathered, torn by the elements and age. Her sharp gaze followed the Mandalorian as he easily slipped through the drape and disappeared down the steps into the covert below. Neytiris feet remained rooted down however. She felt like a trespasser simply standing there. She had permission to enter the covert as long as she was accompanied yet it always felt wrong, like she was on sacred ground.

Slowly, she pushed the drape to the side and descended down the stairs.

The Mandalorian waited at the foot of the steps for her, visor glimmering in the low over head light. The smell of sulphur and something damp instantly assaulted her sensitive nose. Neytiris ears twitched as a small huff escaped her, head shaking like she was trying to rid herself of it. Her tail swayed anxiously. They simply stood there in the entrance for a moment before Mando turned on his heels and began to stalk down the isle of the abandoned sewer turned Mandalorian covert.

The Na'vi stuck close to the mans back, trailing at his heels while respectfully keeping her eyes to herself. However, even in her peripheral, she could still several Mandalorians gathered around makeshift tables and the helmets that turned to follow her as she passed. Her eyes however were drawn to a pair of small children that ran down the path towards them. They giggled and laughed, small helmets reflecting the low yellow light in pretty shimmering patterns, before they circled Neytiri as if she was a tree to play catch around. She didn't mind. The Na'vi simply flickered her tail to swat at the young Mandalorian girl that tried to grab at it to get a rise out of her. The two children giggled, playfully tuggin at Neytiris hands and coat, before they disappeared around a corner.