Oct 31, 7am

Oct 31, 7am- Whitby Abbey was most beautiful! As I made my way to the top of the stairs, the sun just began to go down and exquisite colours of lilac and gold were strung across the sky. They illuminated the enchanting horizon which I could not help but stare at for the entirety of my time there. I found the bench where Mina and Lucy would sit and I imagined what life would have been like back in those days. Were the men of society as cruel as they are now? Were women judged for their appearance alone? Were women used solely for the pleasure and enjoyment of men? Yes. Nothing has changed; I reflected on this as I sat beside the Abbey. I became so absorbed within my own thoughts and the enticing landscape beyond me that I almost lost track of the time. The Goth festival was now beginning.
I approached Whitby pavilion at around 7:30pm and was abruptly overwhelmed by the amount of friendly faces. Never in my life had I visited a place with such diversity and inclusivity. I met so many wonderful, unforgettable people during my time there. The music was incredible; it grasped all of my senses and made me feel whole and alive. The brutal drums made the floor tremble and the haunting shrill of the singers' voices rung through my ears. Everywhere I walked I was greeted with a smile.
"I like your dress!" someone said. "Your hair is so cool!", "I love your makeup". Nobody judged anybody here; it was a place of love and inclusivity.
If only the whole world could be like this, I thought.