Is It Really Anger?

Kyotani blasted his favorite band, Bring Me the Horizon, from his headphones as he practiced his serves alone in the Seijoh gym. He had been there for several hours already, as it was his turn to lock up for the night, but he never actually left the gym. He wiped the sweat from his forehead with his now soaked shirt, before deciding it wasn't worth it and taking it off completely to cool down. He stood there panting for a moment, staring at all of the balls he had previously launched across the gym. He was hyper-focused on his serves now, almost every serve had been landed without being out. But, because he was so focused on his serves, he didn't notice when Iwaizumi walked in roughly an hour ago, just watching as the usually temperamental spiker was calm and focused, he just smiled.
    Kyotani turned around at long last, hanging a towel around his neck and grabbing his water bottle. He finally noticed Iwaizumi standing there, spinning the keys to the gym and club room on his finger as he leaned on the doorframe. Kyotani was wide-eyed, not only was he shirtless and without his usual eyeliner, but his senpai had found him at the gym at 11 o'clock at night overworking himself with serves. Iwaizumi was caught off guard at the expression on the angry teen's face. It wasn't anger, it was fear. Iwaizumi had never seen Kyotani while his walls were down, it was almost impossible to comprehend. He had a much softer expression than what Iwaizumi was used to seeing.
    "I-Iwaizumi-senpai... what are you doing here so late?" Kyotani questioned.
    "I could ask you the same thing, also avoid the formalities for now. It's obvious something is on your mind, Kentaro." Iwaizumi retorted. He wasn't about to let his kouhai walk away when he was obviously thinking about something, something that seemed to greatly upset the wing spiker.
    "It's none of your business. Go home senpai, you are wasting your time here." Kyotani mumbled. Iwaizumi grabbed the younger boy's arm and pulled him down to sit on the floor.
    "Talk. Please?" the older boy asked softly, in a tone that sent shivers down the younger's spine. Kyotani sighed.
    "I've been really stressed lately is all..." Kyotani looked at the ground, refusing to meet Iwaizumi's eyes. Iwaizumi folded his arms.
    "Is it home again?... Are you hurt?"
    "Iwaizumi. When was the last time you saw me come to practice unscathed? I just got caught in the crossfire again as usual."
    "Is that why you've been practicing non-stop for several hours after practice ended?"
    "Obviously."
    Iwaizumi sighed deeply and helped the blonde off the floor.
    "It's clear you are exhausted and in pain, you can sleep at mine ok? Just don't tell Kawa, I'll never hear the end of it." A small smile formed on Kyotani's face.

    "Sure."
.
.
.
.
.
    The next day at practice, Iwaizumi pulled Oikawa to the side. Oikawa looked at his best friend with confusion.
    "What's up Iwa-chan? Is something wrong?" Iwaizumi had a worried expression.
    "It's Kyotani... it's getting worse Kawa, he's getting caught in the crossfire of their arguments..." Iwaizumi said solemnly.
    "I assume he stayed at yours last night then. Tell him to take it easy today. I'm assuming you found him here at like, midnight again," Oikawa sighed.
    Iwaizumi nodded as they resumed practice. But Makki noticed the expression on Kyotani's face as he watched Oikawa set the ball perfectly, Iwaizumi then spiking it down with raw power. Kyotani had always admired the raw strength Iwaizumi had and how well he could use it. He had always silently looked up to his upperclassman, but something wasn't sitting right as he watched the ace serve the ball to Watari.

    Tu-thump...
    Tu-thump...
    Tu-thump...

    His heart was pounding out of his chest.
    "Iwa-chan, nice kill!"
    Iwaizumi was pouring sweat from spiking all morning, he smiled at his successful spike and wiped his sweat with a towel. Makki examined the blonde's expression, and realized he wasn't actually watching the spike; he was watching the spiker. Iwaizumi noticed and shot a smile at him, one full of confidence and excitement. Kyotani turned slightly red at this.
    Makki smirked, "enjoying the view Kyotani-san?"
    Kyotani jumped and looked at Makki with a death glare.
    "Urusai." He stormed away, gripping the volleyball in his hands. Makki was left just confused now. Mattsun walked over to Makki while watching Kyotani storm off.
    "What's his deal this time?" Mattsun asked. Makki shrugged.
.
.
.
.
    Kyotani slammed his fist into the door of his locker back in the changing room. His face was bright red with a look of panic scrawled across it. He looked at himself in the mirror.
    "What the fuck is wrong with me today?!..." he whispers yelled as he gripped his chest. He turned on the sink in the bathroom and splashed his face with water. As he rinsed his face, one thing kept crossing his mind.
    Iwaizumi.
    Kyotani broke his train of thought as quickly as it came.
    "I can't be thinking about him, he's my upperclassman, he's my senpai... I can't. I can't think about how he spikes the ball, or his authoritative tone, or his smile when he scores, or how attractive he is, or his defined muscles... GAH! What the hell am I doing!? Fuck!" Kyotani rubbed his hands down his face in annoyance. He closed his eyes and was silent for a moment, before finally coming to a conclusion.