Chapter 8: Sweet Sacrifice

~Skip to Cell games.~

-Explanation: On the original timeline Aspen doesn't go with him. By going, she screwed it up. This is what happens.-

I walked up to the arena and stared up and perfect Cell. He scared the crap out of me.

"Hello Aspen. Glad you could join this event."

I rolled my eyes,"Whatever."

I looked to Trunks who met my eyes and flipped me off.

'Still mad? Just be that way.' I thought silently and returned the favor.

Cell smiled,"We'll aren't you two being feisty today?"

"Shut up!" I yelled out at him.

"Come now, that's no way to talk to your master, now is it?"

"You're not my master."

"I wouldn't be so sure." He said, and his tail came out his back side and stuck into my arm.

I screamed and he injected purple, slimy liquid into my arm. Everything went hazy until eventually I saw Trunks's horrified expression, then I blacked out.

Victoria's P.O.V

I looked into Aspen's eyes. They were crazy and red, full of obvious hatred and pure evil.

"Everyone stay back!" She whacked me a few feet away.

"Yep, this is a safe distance." I confirmed.

"Kill...her." Cell pointed to me.

'Shiz.' I thought.

She instantly powered up, her power exceeding even that of Cell's.

Cell smirked,"That's right my little minion. Destroy her and make them suffer."

Aspen laughed menacingly and flew at me. She grabbed my leg and swung me around in circles, then threw me into Goku.

I got up and she came at me again. She kicked me in the stomach, making me spit. I flew in the air and she grabbed my legs and hands, cracking my spine on her knee.

She threw me down to the ground and stepped on my chest, applying pressure until the bone eventually snapped. My body felt like flames and I screamed in pain until my voice was gone.

"That's enough, you don't really want to hurt her Aspen!" Trunks yelled out. She shot him back carelessly and focused back on me.

She grabbed me by my throat and slammed my head into a rock until the rock cracked and crumbled, then she slowly started to choke me out until I went normal, still fighting the urge of sleep.

Trunks, weak as he was right now, kicked her off me.

She smiled widely and powered up a small blast with enough power to destroy the world.

She fired it, and I couldn't tell who it was at. Everything was lit up, and all I knew was I wasn't hit, but I fell to my knees and my clothes were soaked in blood, and it wasn't my blood...

When I could see I looked down and saw Trunks with a hole in his chest, and the floor was filled with his blood. I looked to my knees and realized I was surrounded in his blood.

He let out a small gasp and screech of pain before coughing up blood.

"Trunks?!" I yelled and looked to Aspen who was standing there smiling.

She was proud of what she had done...

"Are you so proud of this?! You killed the one person that was always there for you! What happened to protecting the ones you love?!" I screamed and one sight and Trunks made me burst into tears.

She snapped out of it and looked to Trunks...

Aspen's P.O.V

I looked at Cell... The monster from my dream! The one even the androids feared! Then I looked at Trunks, surrounded in a pool of blood by a tree that was the only life around us.

"Trunks?!" I squeaked and ran to his side, ignoring the blood.

I started to hyperventilate and cry. There was a deep hole in his chest and he was barely breathing. I looked at all the blood loss.

"Cell's the monster in my dream the androids feared! The one that killed you with life nearby!" I realized this.

"Cell didn't do this to him!" Victoria said through clenched teeth.

"What..?"

"You did it! You're the monster responsible for this! It's your own fault! Now I'm going to leave you to watch him die. You get to endure first hand exactly what you've done."

I screamed loudly and hugged Trunks,"I love you! I'm sorry for what I've done. You can't die on me Trunks! I need you so much! Mom needs you! You can't die like Gohan, you cant!" I whispered.

I sat up and stared at my hands.

"It's...okay.. Aspen.. I love you to." He said softy and twirled my hair, smiling. His hand instantly dropped and his eyes stared at me, unmoving and glassy.

He stopped breathing and I started to breathe really hard.

"NO!! NO NO NO!!! TRUNKS!! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!!" I cried as hard as possible and started pumping his chest like they do on tv.

Nothing. I stared down at him and realized for the first time what I had done.

Cell laughed hard, and I stood, screaming. My heart pounding heard, my power level was rising beyond belief and I looked back down at my own destruction.

The only one I loved, the one who actually cared for me, dead by my hands, never to hug me again. The worst part is, we had promised to protect each other at even the cost of our own lives, and now he died, because of me...