eleven

Jack had gotten home from the studio at about one. It was now three thirty and to put it lightly, he was bored. When he had left, Lavender was in the care of Kay and Christina, seeing as Gabbie was still out at god knows where. He had picked her up and gone back to the hotel. He had played with the baby for a bit and sang to her, however now she was asleep.

So out of pure boredom he texted Kay if she wanted to come over the two had been close since he met her out in L.A. In a world full of models and beauty gurus, Kay was genuine, and that's what drew Jack to her. He got an affirmative response from her and it also said that she's be there in ten minutes. So he was just playing on his phone until he heard the a knock on the door.

He opened it and was greeted by the blonde girl who just went in for a hug. "Hey Jack. I feel like we've hardly seen each other!"

He just patted her on the back and motioned for her to come in, the two sat down on the couch. "So... how's you and Christina's time here been?"

She answered, "Oh it's been good. We've checked out a few of the sights... by that I mean the bar, the lake and yeah.... that's about it." She finished with a laugh. He chuckled a bit himself, it wasn't like he came from somewhere that was bustling with excitement. The two conversed a little bit longer and then out of nowhere. Kay blurted out, "So who was that guy you were talking to on our first day here?" After she said it she looked anywhere but Jack's face.

He sort of felt bad that she looked so embarrassed about the subject, he'd always made it clear that his employees could have a pretty direct relationship with him. So he was very calm when he answered, "He was my ex-boyfriend." He couldn't help but smile a bit when he saw Kay's eyes widen and then she stammered a bit when she said,

"I-I didn't know that you were um... bi?"

He just nodded and replied, "Yup, I've been out to my family since like high school... so yeah."

Kay didn't comment on that but instead said, "You should invite him over. I want to meet this guy. We all know how picky you are about dating."

"I don't know about that Kay, what if Gabbie shows up?"

She just snorted, "The bitch can go fuck herself for all I care." Jack didn't say that he agreed but just pulled out his phone and typed out an invite to Zach. He got a response a few seconds later that Zach would be coming by. Kay informed him that she had invited Christina as well. So the two tidied up the room a bit until they heard a knock on the door and were greeted by Zach and Christina, who was right behind him.

"Hi Jack. Hey... um who are you?" Zach said and Jack laughed when Kay bounded forward.

"I'm Kay, Zach's makeup artist slash stylist. Yes I know who you are, the ex. You know you're surprisingly cute by the way."

Jack resisted the urge to facepalm himself and even Christina looked slightly embarrassed, but Zach spoke, "Okay... I don't know how to react to that so I'm gonna move on. Who was the girl that was behind me?"

Christina answered, "Oh, I'm Christina. I'm Jack's stylist, publicist and much more. I'm a jack of all trades basically."

Jack watched as Zach just let out a laugh, it warmed his heart. He remembered when he made Zach laugh like that and he wanted desperately to be the person who did that. "So does anyone actually know what we're going to do?"

"Well you invited us here. You figure it out." Zach told him. He was about to suggest going out somewhere when he realized something... Lavender was still sleeping in the other room.

"Kay... could you come here please?" She raised her brows but complied once they went into the room, she saw the baby.

"Does he know about this?" She asked him immediately. Jack just shook his head, and Kay sighed in response. "Okay, I'm gonna do something and you're not going to question me one bit and you'll owe me big time." He just agrees, desperate to get out of this situation before it actually became a real situation. She quickly grabbed Lav out of the crib and cradled her and walked out the door again.

Jack restrained himself from asking her what she was doing and just followed Kay out of the room. He saw Zach's eyes widen and his mouth open but Kay beat him to any questions... "This is my baby girl Lavender. I think she's gonna start get fussy so I'm gonna head out and leave you guys to it."

Before anyone could object, she threw Jack a look and walked out the door. Jack wasn't worried, his child had been left in the care of Kay many a times and knew that Lav was in good hands. Before Zach could ask any awkward questions, Christina spoke up, "So Zach... tell me about yourself. I mean apparently Kay knew you but I don't." She flipped her brown hair back.

Jack practically knew Zach's story by heart, seeing as he was there for most of it, but he found himself listening intently to Zach's recount of growing up on a farm outside of Tullahoma and how he always loved music and a laundry list of small little details.

Then Christina launches into her story, of running a beauty channel on YouTube and then moving to L.A., of course Jack knew that story as well, but he wasn't intrigued by it like he was Zach's.

Finally, after a while of talking, Jack heard his phone go off. To his surprise it was actually his mother. It was a text that wanted to know why he hadn't been gone over there yet. As an added afterthought, she told him to bring Zach.

He wanted to point out that Zach was his ex boyfriend, and probably didn't even want to go. Jack also knew that there was no arguing with his mom. So he told her they would be there around five with Kay and Christina as well. He'd have to tell her what was going on with the Lavender situation.

"Zach, you're coming with me to my mom's house."

He laughed as he saw Zach's eyes widen, and he opened his mouth a few times. "B-but I'm your um... ex!" He finally spluttered.

Jack snickered, "Yeah, tell my mom that... once we're at dinner."

Zach rolled his eyes and went to the door, "Fine, pick me up in half an hour. I'll be ready."

With that, Jack was left alone in the hotel room and he started texting everyone to make the plan on how to explain Lavender. He felt that this wouldn't be a very peaceful dinner.