Chapter 5

Percy POV:

The person who was guarding the gate, who later told me his name was Frank, led me to the armory room. He asked me to pick several weapons and a set of armor, but I felt that I don't need any with my cape, sword, bow, impenetrable skin, watch shield and trident. Frank kept pestering me to choose something, so I made excuses like, the armor is too tight, the sword is too short, etc. After a bell rang, he stopped trying and lead me to the Arena. I hear him mutter, " I wish I don't lead you to your death". As I entered the arena I admired the architecture. As I looked at the stand I saw the vast amount of demigods in the camp. I asked Frank, "Who do you fight?".

He explained," You first fight the second in command of the fifth cohort. If you win you battle the first in command of the fifth cohort. If you lose in either of those battles, you get place into the fifth cohort. If you win, you get to battle the 4th cohort 1st and 2nd in command. It keeps going till you battle the first cohort. If you win the entire thing you would probably be the cohort leader of the 2nd cohort". He walked into the platform to watch with his fellow campers to watch the trial. Lupa announced," 2nd in command of cohort 5 please step up".

As a younger boy wearing full armor with a spear and sword walked into the stage, he snarked, "Why aren't you wearing your armor?". When I didn't respond, he charged at me with his spear aiming at my heart. I jumped left at the last second and punched his head, knocking him unconscious. The crowd was pin-drop silent when another girl walked up to the stage. She tried to slice him repeatedly with a sword, but I kept dodging. The crowd starting jeering, and the girl made a wild swing which gave me an opportunity. I quickly kicked her chest, making her fall on her head, knocking her unconscious. The campers were in disbelief that a stranger came in and defeated two campers without any weapons at all. Reyna, Hazel, and Lisa were having a discussion.

Reyna said," He is pretty powerful, so we need to have a plan just in case he makes it to the first cohort. Lisa, use your fear spell on him and then spell that can see how powerful a person is". Hazel smirked, the kid was about to get schooled.

Percy now needed to fight the leader of the 4th cohort, which was Hazel. As Hazel drew her bow and started firing arrows. Percy pressed the button on his watch and the watch spiraled into a shield. Percy waited till Hazel ran out of arrows, but soon figure out that she had unlimited of them. He willed his crossbow to appear and starting firing the arrow back. Even though Percy was a bad archer, he was able to back Hazel into a corner. He finished it off by hitting her head with his shield. Percy started to think that he didn't even need to use his shadow cloak and trident. As Hazel was taken out to the infirmary on a stretcher, another person started to come.

_______Fast Forward______

As Lisa faced him against the Arena and was about to do the spells, she heard a voice in her head saying," Don't do the spell Lisa. It will bring you to the brink of death where only he can heal you". Lisa faltered for a second but thought, orders were orders and sent the spells at him. As the spells hit Lisa suddenly became unconscious for unknown reasons. Hazel and Reyna look at each other guilty, it was their plan that did this to Lisa. Reyna walked up to the stage praying to her mother for a good strategy. She pressed her bracelet turning her invisible. The crowd starting cheering knowing that it was nearly impossible to fight an invisible enemy. Percy was trying to think of a problem. At first, he was going to use his cloak but decided that becoming invisible won't help in defeating an invisible opponent. To but sometimes he uncapped his pen to become the bronze sword it truly is. At this, he kept on jumping and ducking in no particular pattern so Reyna won't be able to land a hit. Percy sudden;y remembered one of his powers. He sensed the water in Reyna's blood that was pretty close to him. In a flash, he disarmed Reyna and held his sword to her neck. He took off her bracelet and made Reyna visible again. Reyna ended the match by saying," I yield". I was made the leader of the second cohort because I needed to stay in the legion longer to become a higher rank. No one knows that I am a son of Neptune and I intend to keep it that way. I found out that I had a second in command to help me deal with the cohort. She told me that her name was Mia and that her mother is Venus. She stared at me in confusion like she was trying to attempt something. As she led me to Cohort 2, she explained to me some of the rules of the legion.

Main Rules of Legion

Always listen to superior

Wake Up at 7:00 A.M

Breakfast 7:30 A.M

Always Respect the Gods

While she was explaining the rules, she seemed to stare at my eyes. I put my hand on her shoulder and shook her awake. I asked her about what type of activities we do every day. She explained that every day there is always a war game before dinner. In the morning and afternoon, you go to classes, mostly lead by the cohort leaders. The most skilled in the topic teaches the class. The classes are Swordsmanship, Archery, Knowledge of Monsters, etc... There is also a class that is based on your godly parent. If your mom is Demeter, you would learn how to summon and grow plants or If your dad is Apollo you would learn how to heal injured demigods. If you are unclaimed, it counts as a free break. As I went to sleep, I looked at someone straight in the eye in my dream and said.....