First flight

Death is soon to come.

He was awoken from shaking, the tree he was sleeping in was shaking, a sudden shout coming from the ground.

" Musei-Kun ! Wake up ! It's time for what we've all been waiting for ! Come on !! "

His friend shouted from the base of the tree..

Musei was laying on a limb of the tree, he got up and jumped down, limb by limb.

His black hair shined a green and blue from the moonlight, his eyes were a deep blue, his face looked soft for a 12 year old that has literally been through hell, constant training, sleepless nights, hours and hours of battle.

" Wait, we're going now ..? " Musei didn't look ready, he had just woken up.. it was just turning dark..

" Yeah, of course ! The demons are just now coming out ! " His friend smiled widely, the boy with dark brown hair was fascinated by Demons, he wanted to know everything about them, he wanted to dissect them, find why they can heal so quickly.

" Let's go! What are we waiting for? " Musei was nervous.. he felt like he was going to die.

They ran off to the direction of the training grounds, they looked up and saw giant, bat-like creatures in the sky.

The Alpha of the pack and his 2 Omegas, sent to watch the training and greet the new " Grave fillers " as the alpha calls them.

They followed them, finding the rest of their class, a bunch of kids, 11-14 years old, were gathered around a trainer, Musei and his friend joined the group..

" Alright !! Quiet down, brats ! I need you to get in a line, facing the cliff. Now. " The teacher had blue jay-like wings, the underside was an off white, with a blue jay tail.

The breath style of these slayers was breath of flight.

Breath of flight is a curse and kills it's users early, the curse takes over their body as they age, when they first get the curse it causes their bodies to become animal-like.

Horns, Scales, Wings, Tails, Animalistic ears, claws, Multiple eyes.. Anything.

It cannot be removed, no matter what you do, it is useless to try.

When the user gets older their body starts to become more and more animalistic, parts overlapping each other, creating them into monsters when they are around 26, it starts at 23 and gradually gets worse and worse, until they become the Creatures of the shadows, they lose their mind, they become animals.

They killed each other

Musei knew the past of the curse, everyone that has been taken by their packs, they were taken from their families, their friends.. Everyone.

He got distracted in his thoughts-

" Alright, now, You know what you must do, brats, Jump. "

Musei came back into reality, he was scared..

" Let's go, Musei.. See you on the other side... " His friend took a deep breath and jumped...

Musei watched him fall..

and fall...

...

His wings aren't sprouting...

" SHINDIA!!- "

The brown haired boy fell into the large river at the foot of the cliff.. the river was 5 meters wide and 30 meters deep, lurking with demons of the water..

Musei stared down in fear..

Is this it..?

Is he going t-

Other people are jumping-

No..

No

NO!

He was frozen... watching some people's bodies start to distort, wings and extra body parts growing rapidly out of their bodies-

He was picked up-

He was thrown by his trainer...

Musei is falling now.. he's panicking- He screams from the sudden pain in his spine, his back and his head.. Bat-like wings violently sprouted from his back, a tail also sprouted. Black, bat-like ears replaced his regular human ears. He could suddenly smell everything, all of the fear, all of the blood....

The wings on his back spread, they were a dark purple with a lighter purple on the inside, He flew into the forest below, there were many trees, it was difficult to dodge them all, he felt like the wings were moving themselves, guiding him.

Demons jumped at him from the trees, one jumped out at him and got a bit of the membrane of his wing, he yelled in pain and tried to stay in the air, the cut in the wing disturbing his flight capabilities.

He was getting tired, his body did take a lot of energy to transform.

He kept flying and flying.. he kept getting jumped at, almost got caught a few times, he started to get used to it, he could smell one of his comrades behind him..

Or was it a demon?