author's note.

I know that a twenty-part story is way too short, but over the years I have learned that, when it comes to writing, I am able to say much more in a short story than in a 20-chapter novel. Maybe I'm just too lazy to spread what I want to express in a lot of pages, but that's not an excuse for the only-twenty-chapters lenght of insomnia.

I think I've finished it already because, in my mind, she never showed up again. She never came back. And about Pipper - sometimes we have got something that we don't want to lose. Maybe it's a person, or a memory, or a state of mind, but we're afraid to let it go. But at some point, we all do. We move on constantly. And so did Pipper. The memory of insomnia was still there, in the back of his mind, but it no longer kept him* awake at night.

And, my friends, that was the end of insomnia.

Okay, so... Acknowledgements. (*suddenly feels like she's standing on stage with an award in her hands, but sadly she's not*) I need to say thank you to everyone who has read this, everyone who has commented and everyone who has given me the support to keep writing. I love you.

-m.

p.s.: There are big things up to come. Do not expect them soon - but expect them!

*I originally wrote the character of Pipper as a person without gender, so you could imagine them however you liked or your mind told you to. I don't know why I used male pronouns here, probably because it seemed politically correct or something. (*cough* heteronormative *cough*) However, Pipper is just someone fascinated by a person. In love, you could say. There's no need of gendering the writer, that's not going to change the story.