Snow Coming Alive

Hey guys, how's it going? How I'm doing,well it could be better. What some of you didn't ask well suck it up sheep you are going to know about my day or would wou;dn't be reading this.

I was staring at the fire hearing the wood crackle from the flame. I could feel the heat against my face making it feel like it was when the sun was highest. I hear a purr behind me. I look behind me seeing Roco on his back,with his back legs twitching in the air. I smirk at him. I stood up walking over to him. When I'm about half of my arm's reach I get down on one knee. I place my hand on his belly and slide it across it. Roco purrs, I smirk at his response and continue to slide my hand across his belly. He continues to reply with purrs. After a while I pat his stomach signaling that I'm done. I stood up stretching my neck while doing that Roco turned to his side.I smiled at him laying down on the sandy ground. I walk over to the fire grabbing a stick from the ground. I sat down near the fire poking the stick against the burnt wood. I look into the fire remembering what about a couple about the Stormcutter giving us shelter. It just surprised me how dragons can be kinder than humans. It warms my heart,kinda like the fire warming my face with its heat.

Ace: " This just proves Dragons are better than people."

I wake up to the sound of something moving against the sand. I slowly open my eyes and bring my head up from the ground looking at Roco who is in the process of standing up.

I groan.

Ace: " Hey pal."

Roco replied with a tired growl and did a small chuckle then slowly rising until I was sitting up straight. I started to stretch my arm followed by a long yawn then I slumped down. I shaked the sand out of my hair then wiped the sand off of the back of my neck.I slowly stood up. Stretching my back I hear a couple pops and I sigh with relief, then I start to wip of the sand on my back and pants. I look towards the water, covering my eyes from the sunlight. I squint my eyes,then I turn and start to walk over to Roco. Grabbing my bag grabbing the map from it. I unroll the map with my hands holding the top and bottom of the map expecting it.

Ace: "Okay where here so the next island is."

I look at a white island bigger than the current one we are on now.

Ace: "Sadly there,man wish it was an other island not the island that looks as cold as hel."

I slowly roll up the map putting it back into my bag. I sign and walk towards Roco puting my bag on a loop that was on a loop. I tied the strands of the bag to the loop so it wouldn't be so low to the ground. I stretch my sides shaking my head. Then clapping my hand.

Ace: " Okay then before we go there we should get some supplies,Roco."

Roco looks towards me with his head tilted with confusion.

Ace :" Okay pal I'm going to go look for some food. You stay here and take a nap or whatever but stay in the area okay."

He just replied with a yawn then lays down soon curling into a ball.

Ace: " That's what I'm talking about."

I grab one of the bags we have and walk into the woods nearby. I have to say it was relaxing to hear the birds chirping in the background. I take a breath of fresh air which smells like pines. I walk around the woods finding fruit and placing them in the bag. I keep looking for fruit until the bag is almost full then I find some dead trees and put their bark in the bag as well. I probably should have brought another bag for the bark but I didn't realize I needed any until I saw it. I look up at the sky for me losing track of the time, the sun is almost at the center of the sky.

Ace: " I should head back soon it would be nice to stay here another day but."

Realizing it we would have to be at that island anyway it's the closest of all the islands that Roco doesn't have to push himself. I rub the back of my neck with frustration.