20| His Truth

I knew this was a bad idea, but a part of me still wanted to hear him out. I wanted to believe that he was the same person I fell in love with and not this new version.

He had to have a reason right? I mean he didn't even want to kiss Sakurai at her party in the first week of school.

Could he really be capable of cheating on me for no reason?

My thoughts stopped when I finally walked (/limped) into the cafe we were supposed to meet at. It was currently 3:57pm, meaning I was late to this little get together. To be honest I almost didn't show at all, but I remembered Iwaizumi's words and walked over anyway.

I saw him sitting in a booth looking out the window to his right. He looked so sad, but at the same time, relaxed. He had his phone in front of him and two cups of coffee on the table— I guess he hasn't forgotten about my caffeine addiction.

I take a deep breath and walk over, trying my best to keep a stoic expression so he doesn't see how happy and sad I am seeing him this close.

I placed my purse down on the table, put my crutches to the side, and shimmied my way into the booth. "You have one hour"

He looked shocked that I actually came— I'm not sure why since he was the one who begged me to be here. I mean sure I was late, but better than not showing at all.

"You look great" He peeped out, seemining really on edge and not the confident boy I once knew-- very different from the person I saw sitting at this booth before I made my presence known.

"Cut the shit Oikawa, tell me what you want and then I'm leaving" I snap. I'm really not in the mood to be flattered by him. I knew that if he kept it up I would most likely cave and start thinking of forgiving him.

"O-oh, okay," He looked down dejectivaly, he seemed to be in deep thought about how to tell me whatever this meeting was about. It looked as if his mind was going a hundred miles a second and he knit his eyebrows in frustration. "I don't know how to explain all this in a way you will understand...I just want you to know that this whole situation is not what you think it is"

"Oh, so you're asking me to trust you? Let me think about that...no. Oikawa, I loved you and you shattered my heart. You made your own decision to cheat on me with Sakurai, so you have no one to blame but yourself"

"Don't you think I know that! Baby--"

"I told you to stop. Say it again and I'll walk out of here immediately" I snapped yet again, cutting off his sentence. He has to realise how much he hurt me, and that he will not be forgiven just like that.

"Can't you see I'm trying (Y/n)? The situation is complicated, and I can't tell you everything -at least not yet- but I just need you to believe me. I do love you, and I always will. You are one of the most important things in my life, and so I'm begging you to try and see the bigger picture here"

I let out a sigh. My brain knew that something was wrong with this whole picture, and it was telling me to try and listen, but my broken heart didn't seem to allow it. It kept reminding me of what had happened behind the gym. "Oikawa--"

"And why do you keep calling me that? Please, (Y/n), we haven't lost what we had, I just need you to give me time to fix all this," he pleaded, making my eyes sofen, "I already told Iwa everything, so if you can't trust what I'm saying, talk to him-- and trust me, he was just as willing to listen to me as you are, so if I can get him to understand, you will too"

I had to think about it for a second. If Iwaizumi was willing to expose Tōru about cheating in the first place, then obviously he didn't approve of these actions in the first place. That means that Iwaizumi probably wanted to chew out Tōru when he saw him in the hospital when he brought Takeru. The story did make logical sense, but in saying all that, the two boys are best friends. What's to say that Iwa wouldn't lie to me just to see his friend happy? Ugh my head hurts.