2.3 | day 7

solána:

"hold on, hold on," isaiah said, having to sit differently in his seat because of what i'd just told him. "you did what?"

"it was out of impulse," i said, trying for the 50th time to swallow the lump in my throat that had been there since jacques had left my house yesterday.

"sol..." isaiah said.

me and isaiah were sitting in the common area. rakim had came to school today, but we still weren't talking so we'd pretty much kept our distance the whole day. everybody else (including rakim) was in mcallen's room today because yoruba was out sick.

i was explaining my actions from last night to isaiah as he stared at me in disbelief, still. "i haven't talked to him since," i said.

"have you talked to rakim?" isaiah asked.

"that question should answer itself," i said.

"i just... i can't wrap my head around this," isaiah said.

"i have to tell him. i can't pretend like it wasn't wrong. i'm just nervous about how shit will play out. you see what happened the last time i told him anything about jacques," i said.

"vividly," isaiah said. "do you want me to talk to him for you?"

"no," i immediately said. "that's just going to make it way worse,"

"sol, you look like you're 2 seconds away from losing it," isaiah said.

"because i've never done anything like this before, and it's fucked up. i can't say i regret it because i did it, and i've been feeling bad about it. i don't know how imma tell megan about this, i don't even know how to talk to jacques about it, rakim isn't even talking to me, and i have to tell him this, and i don't have an excuse for it. i usually do, but now i don't..." i was rambling and now isaiah was trying to calm me down.

"sol, it'll be figured out soon, you just gotta brace yourself for the impact. you ain't gon be able to avoid it. your best bet is to just be straight up with him." isaiah said.

my phone vibrated and i dug it out of my bag to look at it. it was megan.

Ur boy toys are at it again hurry up

"why does this always happen to me," i said, getting up.

"what?" isaiah said.

"they're about to go at it again," i said, grabbing my stuff and rushing upstairs. isaiah followed behind me.

we had just gotten to the classroom. mcallen wasn't in the classroom (i'm not sure why) but jacques and rakim certainly were. megan was standing between them.

rakim was talking, as usual. "... and i don't like that. you don't fucking do that shit to somebody you care about, fuck is wrong with you?" he said.

"i wonder if she'd be saying the same to you," jacques quipped.

"fuck does that mean?" rakim said.

one thing about jacques was that when he was angry, anything was liable to fly out of his mouth. it didn't matter what it was. he talked without thinking. and now that was backfiring. on me.

"she clearly ain't being honest with you if she hasn't told you," jacques said.

"told me what?"

i had just gotten to the doorway, and the moments after that happened faster than i could begin to register. "oh fuck," isaiah muttered.

"jacques," i said, just as jacques said "i was in her shit, duh,"

to say the room exploded was the very least of it. megan failed to hold rakim back because of what she had just heard. there was a chorus of 'woooaaah's from bashar and tyler. rakim crossed the room in a good 3 steps and uppercut the fuck out of jacques. isaiah ran in to help bashar and tyler break up the fight. i had to stand on the wall outside of the classroom, having to mentally process what the hell just happened and prepare for whatever was to come after this. mcallen was back along with two other teachers.