𝖔. ONCE UPON A DREAM

chapter oo        prologueONCE UPON A DREAM

chapter oo      prologue
ONCE UPON A DREAM

     June can feel the sun hitting her eyes

June can feel the sun hitting her eyes. The cool summer breeze caresses her skin, momentarily cooling her down from the summer's heat. The sweetened, soft smell of flowers that surrounds her infiltrates her nose, and she can feel the soft quilt that once belonged to her grandmother under her finger tips. It's soothing; peaceful.

June shuts her eyes for a few seconds, taking in the sounds and smells that the meadow provided. The sun beamed down on her skin and while she did enjoy it, she knew she would have to move under the tree where shade was provided because her lover wasn't a big fan of the heat. It amused June, but she always complied with her wishes. June let out a sigh of content, enjoying a few more seconds under the sun before standing up. June stood up and grabbed the edge of the quilt, dragging it towards the tree. She made sure most of the quilt was covered up by the shade while leaving a little piece out so she could enjoy the sun.

Once she had made sure everything was in its place, June went back to her spot under the sun, but before she managed to get comfortable, a figure on the other side of the meadow caught her attention. The figure was so far away and it was hard to see them clearly, but June knew exactly who it was. Her smile was wide, her heart was beating fast against her chest, and she felt so many butterflies in her stomach. June wanted nothing more than to stand up and run towards them, being very impatient to have her lover in her arms, but she couldn't. She had to be patient and let them come to her. It took a lot of self control on June's part to stay put. Although her smile never wavered, and her excitement did not fade even though her lover was far away.

By the time the figure walked halfway across the meadow, June didn't have the patience to wait longer. She stood up and ran. She felt the tall grass touch the sides of her legs as she ran through the meadow, parting the flowers like the red sea so June wouldn't crush them. She could hear her lover laugh at her impatience, the sound being like music to June's ears. It made her desperate. She wanted nothing more than to see this person face to face, to hold their hands and caress their face, to run her fingers through their hair and wrap her arms around them.

Although, that was impossible.

By the time June had managed to get a few feet away from the figure, everything had gone dark. Her piece of paradise had dissolved into nothing and June would have to wait until nightfall to go back and start again.

AUTHORS NOTE: omg guess who finally updated ?!?! i know it's been a while, like a long time of anything, but it was time to force myself to get out of my writing block and try to update something. also, it's because of wandavision lmaooo. seeing my bby wanda back on tv and stuff just gave me inspiration to update this story. & also because i'm hella gay for wanda lmaoo. anyways i hope you enjoy the prologue to this and i will try to update another chapter sometime this week! love u <3