The Calm Before the Storm

(DISCLAIMER: I do NOT own Asgard or any of the 'Thor' characters. Those rights exclusively belong to Marvel.)

(Songs listened to while writing: Gasoline, by Halsey/Control, by Halsey.)

The Asgardians looked at the glowing screen in wonder. Never had they seen such technology employed before despite being advanced in some ways.

"What is this?" Fandral asked in wonder, his eyes wide with shock and a barely imperceptible amount of excitement.

JH was silent for a moment before sighing, "Ah shit, I knew I forgot something!" She grumbled irritably.

Many Asgardians shared confused, wary glances, as their 'hostess' kept on grumbling. What was wrong with her?

JH sighed irritably one more time before finally answering Fandral's question, "This is Midgardian technology," She started pleasantly, "We use it to show videos to a really large number of people at the same time. We call it a projector."

Many Asgardians ooh'ed.

Loki rubbed his chin, intrigued by the information, "What exactly does it do?" He asked curiously, "It reminds me of my astral projection technique." He added as an afterthought.

JH hummed, "Well, I suppose you can say it works like that," She agreed, "It mostly distributes light particles through a lens and projects them over a surface. It's really useful when you wanna show many people the same thing at once!" [1]

Loki nodded in understanding while everyone else shared looks of confusion. What the heck were they even saying?!

"Anyway, watch this while I go organize all the future events I'll show you! I'll be back soon!"

And with that, the video started.

"......Production for a movie called 'Thor: The Dark World right now which will-," the man's voice trails off as the mic he's talking into stops.

"Oooh," The Asgardians stared at the screen in awe.

"This is truly fascinating," Hogun mumbled, his normally bland tone and disinterested eyes shining with a little bit of curiosity.

Sif nodded, looking oddly interested, "Indeed."

He taps on the thing two times before the lights go off and a very familiar voice starts speaking.

"Humanity," says the voice, "Look how far, you've fallen."

Many people blinked.

"Loki?" Thor asked in confusion.

Many people looked over at the Loki in the room with them, who just shrugged and gestured at the screen.

The people start screaming in excitement before the voice goes on, "Lining up in the sweltering heat for hours," the crowd cheers again, "Huddling together in the dark," the crowd cheers again, "Like beasts!"

A clap of thunder booms just as the place lights up revealing Loki.

Everyone gaped at the screen in shock. What the hell-

"I'm back!" JH crowed, "What did I miss?" She asked cheerfully.

No one answered her, too busy staring at the screen.

"..What?" JH asked in confusion.

"H-he-" Thor stuttered, "He looks just like Loki-"

"And?" JH asked, sounding even more confused, "I told you, you guys are fictional characters in my world. For you to exist, there have to be people who mirror you across the worlds." She said in a matter-of-fact tone, "How can you not realize this?" She asked, sounding genuinely confused.