Chapter 19

"You should live with me as soon as possible."

My heart stops beating for a while.

Tahimik lang akong tumitingin ng libro kasi nag-aya siya na bumili ng mga libro nila. I took that chance to look at non-educational books kasi tapos naman na ako mag-aral.

It's been weeks since he and his family went back home. For the first day he's back, he never talked to me in reason of jet lag. I let him be. But the other day, I was the one who didn't talk because of what he did.

That jerk. He became so harsh because we're not together for almost a month.

The bookstore we're in is playing some calm music when it starts to ring inside of my hear. I felt like Art words bore into me and start to gush blood out of my chest.

"I should what?"

Art's beaming so hard in front of me. "I've been hiding this from you for a while. I have some home recommendations for the both of us."

"Ha?"

"You see," he hungs his arm behind me. "I'm starting to look at my future with you. The best stepping stone for it is to live together with my future. Ayaw mo ba?"

I am tight-lipped right after. This day was just normal for the both of us and suddenly...

I put back the book I'm holding and stare at him, "Art..." I began. "Are you even sure with that?"

He has a pushing cart with him because a cart that doesn't have one won't help. Their books thick as fuck.

"Yeah!" he peers at me. "I told you, ilang araw ko nang plinaplano. Actually, noong nasa Scotland pa kami."

"Why?"

"Anong why? Naisip ko nga kasi I want to start my future now. Tayo rin naman sa future, hindi ba?"

My face became forlorny after. Thanked God he didn't talk right after. Naisip ko pa sa mga sumunod na sandali kung anong sasabihin sa kaniya.

Unfortunately, hindi ko pa naisip maging kasama siya sa isang bahay buong araw. Albeit I love his company but... living with him twenty-four seven?

Hindi ba... hindi ba masyado pang maaga? We're not yet even together for a year... His voice rung again. Hindi ko ba nakikita ang future ko na kasama siya?

Kung totoo lang.... ayokong sagutin. I don't want to hurt his feelings.

"You mentioned Weston's helping you to grab a job?" Art ask when we took the table for lunch. "So, any progress?"

Binaba ko muna ang bag at uminom. "We're attending some interviews for tomorrow. I don't think I'm gonna get emoloyed. Wala pa akong experience."

"Why? You're applying for a big-shot company?"

"Parkes, specifically. But I don't think I really have chance. I might start with low for now."

"No, no. You didn't graduate at Caxlese just to be stuck for years in a cheap company. You deserve to be somewhere massive and elegant."

"Wala nga akong experience." umirap ako.

Art just guffawed. "Anyway, have you think about my offer a while ago?"

Shit. I thought he forgot about it already.

Hindi ako sumagot at kumain na lang. I was happy with him being in here again but... after what he asked me...

"Eoghan," he grabs my shaking hand. "Are you having second thoughts about it?"

"Uh-oh..."

"You don't love me?" his eyes turned the emoji he always sent when he wanted to have his leg over. "Was my disappearance for a short time made you fall out of love? That you don't want to liv—"