Chapter 6

Scarr's POV

She was more than human to me. She was a goddess, a queen, I don't know what she was, anything that no one ever saw, and everything that everybody wanted. I was swallowed up in an abyss of attraction in an instant.

There was no pausing on the brink, no looking down, or looking back; I was gone, headlong.

The moment she was close to me, I tensed up. Something about her being close made me uncomfortable yet it felt soothing. When she reached up to touch my eye scar something inside me twitch, pleasure maybe but I knew it wasn't that.

Her finger traced my scar, leaving a sense of peace inside of me. My mind was going haywire in such little time, it felt as if her hands belong on my face, tracing my scars, my tattoos. She belonged near me and that feeling alone scared the crap out of me.

"I guess being the son of my uncle's best friend comes with a lot of responsibility" she whispers, loud enough for me to hear but low enough so that no one does. I smirk as she realizes who I am, pleased yet confused.

She noticed my confusing and starts to talk, "your eyes" she says. She backs away from me and the action itself made me uncomfortable. My body was calling out to her, I wanted her close.

I lift my eyebrow as a sign for her to continue, "they remind me of Old Nick. Golden just like his" she finishes. I almost laughed at my father's nickname. "Old Nick?" I finally spoke, hating the silence between us.

"Yeah, since I was 5 I called him Old Nick." she looks down and smiles as if remembering something, most likely from when she met my father. "Old Nick like Santa Claus" she says looking up at me.

I walked over to the wall with all the weapons hung, picked out an M1911 pistol and walked to one of the open firing lines. I took my stance, held the gun sideways and started emptying the magazine. From my peripheral vision I see her go back to the knives.

"Why are you mad?" I asked her, seeing her with her eyebrow furrowed and her lips formed a thin line showing madness, made me curious and surprisingly irritated. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"Nothing" she says, I stop shooting at the target and turn to her instead. "It's something if you look like you're about to murder someone." I reply. She smiles shyly, "it's just that ..." she pauses for a second and looks me in the eye.

God her eyes are gorgeous, those icy blue eyes could freeze anybody. Kill them and revive them. "I hate when people try to walk over me" she finally says. I look into her eyes and I sense a bit of hurt...pain. She's hurting.

"Well...you handled yourself pretty good" I complimented trying to ease her pain. "Yeah....sometimes things don't go away" she whispers, thinking I didn't hear her but I did.

Who hurt you?

Silenced filled the room and soon it became uncomfortable. "Well mini Nick, what's your name?" She speaks up and I cringe at the nickname she gave me, "First of all, don't you ever call me that again preciosa (beautiful) and Scarr" I answer her question.

She blushes at the nickname I gave her, she does speak Spanish. I mean she is half Dominican like her uncle. "Nice meeting you Scarr. Wait...is it with one r or two?" I chuckle as she narrows her eye in question, "two" I answered. She smiles and extends her arm, pointing her hand at mine. I grabbed it and we shook hands.

"Luna" she says. Moon, the fuck she means by that. "My name is Luna" she says and my lips forms an 'o' in realization. She chuckles an continues to shake my hand. We stood there looking into each other's eyes for at least ten minutes.

Yes, that long.

She opens her mouth slightly as if she wanted to say something but shrugs it off and releases my hand. I don't like that.
Her skin felt way to good against mine, it felt electric.

"I like the Scarr on your eye" she uses my name as a pun to compliment my scar. I chuckle and run my hand over my hair.

"Clever" I say.