House of Death ~ Angst/mild fluff/hurt/comfort

A tribute to all of the amazing doctors and heroes putting their lives on the line for COVID patients. Guys, Gals, Non-binary pals--another angsty hamburr short fic. Also--be nice to doctors, everyone. 

It popped into my head and well I really wanna appreciate our doctors, nurses, and everyone else. There will be more parts, I hope you like the story!

I also hope you catch my symbolism ;) MODERN AU--COVID pandemic. Burr is a COVID doctor. 

Warnings: Vivid descriptions of death, doctor abuse, disease, and crying hamburr at the end :( 

~~~

Aaron was exhausted, working day and night in the hospitals of New Jersey. His back was aching and his legs felt numb from running to patients--his heart felt...so heavy. Tending to patients everyday, watching them die in front of his very eyes. Watching their soul just...leave their bodies. A silent and solemn wistful cold that stays in the room as the beeping falls to low and momentary pulses...

and the way the patient's eyes flicker one last time--one last glimpse of a raw hope and pain that takes them. The way their fingers tremble and gasp for breath...how they look at the doctors as if they are the only hope--the last one indeed. Aaron stands by them, forced to watch their agony as they look through watery eyes...face paled and limp as they go--everything falling loose. Burr knows that once the patient dies--the hardest part is informing the family...

He's strong enough to not break when the family looks through broken eyes, with betrayed faces, with a hand on the doctor's collar as they scream at them for not being good enough. Maybe that's why Aaron walks home crying, a bruise forming at his eye at four in the morning. He could get an hour of talking to Alex, his fiancee, and then head back immediately after fixing that nasty bruise. Burr know's he'll never be good enough--he just doesn't want to see death anymore, he wants to quit--to give up...but he won't let himself. Hamilton won't let him either. 

Burr opens the apartment room and sighs tiredly after washing his hands and going into a hot shower immediately, getting rid of any germs possible. At least he wasn't in the ICU, he was just the nurse and set up monitors and other stuff. He is the youngest doctor there--might as well get some sort of experience, right? Aaron sighs tiredly, stepping out of the shower and pulling on a pair of soft black sweatpants and a dark maroon hoodie. Sure he was going to be home for only an hour, but he needs any comfort right now. Closing the door softly, he heard other gentle footsteps. 

"Aaron? You home, love?" He called softly, Burr turned around with a smile. Seeing his Alexander, hair frizzled and all over the place, tied into a messier bun. He was wearing one of Aaron's light grey Princeton hoodie, practically engulfed and wearing sweatpants too. He let out a happy sigh, walking over to Alex and pulling him into his arms. 

"Alex..." he weakly croaked, nuzzling into his neck as Hamilton let out a small chuckle, "I missed you..." he murmured. Alex was the only person keeping him going, the only person who could understand him even if he didn't say a word--and it was more than comforting. He doesn't deserve Alexander, the way his happy little smile would light up the room, the way his hair would fall over his face and when it fell loose--Alex would huff and let it dangle there. He doesn't deserve the way he respects Burr, sprinkles his face with kisses like now and reminding him how important he is...

"I missed my plonk too," Alex responded, laughing when Aaron let out a playful whine and tickles his stomach. "As much as I'd love to stay like this--you've gotta eat something." Aaron sighed again, and pushed away to tuck a lose strand behind the smaller's ear. Hamilton's smile fell--looking intently at the bruise forming at his eye and giving it a feathery touch.