The take over

"I'm not Valkyrie anymore, I'm Darquesse." Said Darquesse raising into the air, examining herself.

"Oh, dear. Well, I am going to have to try and stop you now, aren't I?"

"Try me," Darquesse said, grinning.

Skulduggery blasted fire at her, Darquesse dodged it and laughed. Darquesse picked up Valkyrie's bedside table and threw it at Skulduggery. The edge of it scraped against his arm. He groaned. He ran up to Darquesse and threw her a punch, straight across the jaw. Darquesse moaned, but then healed herself; her jaw good as new. Darquesse flew out of the window going for the peer and diving into the ocean; trying to learn how to breathe underwater, how to communicate with fish, and also how to kill fish, psychically. Darquesse thought it would be fun.

A few hours later, Skulduggery found Darquesse sitting on the rooftop of a building, staring at the people on the street, looking into their brains and consciousness. Saw how it all worked and how she could adapt it. Skulduggery snuck up behind her.

"You really think it would be that easy to get me?" Darquesse said, Turing around, grin on her face. Skulduggery grabbed Darquesse, pinned her to the ground, tight. And secured her wrists with shackles.

"Give me Valkyrie back, now." He said furiously.

"No. We both want this, Valkyrie allowed this to happen, she won't admit it to you though. She likes being me, Darquesse. She loves power." Said Darquesse, hands-on-hips.

"That's not true. You are stronger than Valkyrie. But when she's back she will be stronger, and you won't be able to get to her as easily." Said Skulduggery, jumping on Darquesse, bounding her powers with shackles. He starting to choke her. Getting tighter and tighter by the second. "Give me Valkyrie back, or you die."

"But so will Valkyrie, you wouldn't want that would you?" Darquesse said, struggling to breathe.

Skulduggery hesitated.

Darquesse was running out of air. She didn't know how to escape from this yet, she tried to teleport, but she wasn't quite there yet. This wouldn't be her last take over Valkyrie's body, she would be back. Gaining more and more power by the minute. If those stupid shackles were off, she would have killed Skulduggery already.

"Fine, take your precious Valkyrie back. But this isn't over yet." Darquesse said, annoyed.

"I doubt it." Skulduggery said. Darquesse scowled then closed her eyes, leaving Skulduggery with Valkyrie's unconscious body.

He took her home and laid her on her bed. Skulduggery tried his hardest to fix the table that Darquesse smashed on him. If one of the legs still detached counted as fixed, he fixed it; It still stood, leaning on her bed, slanted. At least he didn't have the blame for the damn table. Valkyrie's eyes opened slowly, she saw the glass on the floor, the slanted bedside table. She rolled over, her face on the pillow. She started crying. Valkyrie had seen what had happened in the last few hours, saw herself in the ocean, fighting Skulduggery on the rooftop of a building.

"You're awake. How are you feeling?' Skulduggery said. Valkyrie didn't respond, just continued to sob.

"I take that as... not good. You couldn't do anything about it, Darquesse is very strong, she is the majority of your power. You shouldn't feel so bad, at leaste you didn't get hit by a table." He said.

Valkyrie rolled on her back, her head tilting to face Skulduggery.

"It's not that, I just...feel bad, you know? All this power, being invincible is kind of nice. I just feel terrible for feeling like that." She said.

"Well you're not alone. I mean I felt the exact same way after I became Lord Vile. But we all like power these days. It's natural."

"You're not wrong there. But every time she takes over me, she gets more knowledge. She is more powerful than the last time." Valkyrie said.

"But every time you conquer her and push her aside, you get stronger."

"But she's like a god."

"She is, but she is also you. You are a like a god, Valkyrie. If you are like a god, then you can tackle any obstacle."

" But what if she comes back, takes over again?"

"Hopefully, you will be strong and not let her take over. But if she does, you will be able to help me get her back in that cell. She yells at you to take over. You can do the same. After a while, she might listen to you." Skulduggery said.

"Not a bad idea." Valkyrie said, slowly getting out of bed. "I'll try do that. I mean, she's not bothering me now, I guess she likes to get me when I'm vulnerable; Gosh, I am smart. Anyway, turn around."

"Uh, why is that?" Asked Skulduggery.

"I'm getting changed. We have a job to do, don't we?"

"Indeed, we do." Said Skulduggery. Valkyrie got dressed, put her hair in a ponytail and zipped up her boots.

"Ok. Ready?" Valkyrie said.

"Ready." Skulduggery said.

Fin

Hope you enjoyed this short story. Make sure to vote if you liked it!