Her Smile

hc this time: ibuki has an arsenal of stupid jokes

     The first time it happened, Chiaki thought it was just Ibuki being Ibuki. The taller girl had walked up to her and asked,

      "Why are colds bad criminals?"

     "I dunno."

     "Cause they're easy to catch!"

     Chiaki smiled and chuckled. Ibuki's face lit up immediately and she spun around, walking the way she had come. The gamer thought it was odd that she had come over for one joke, but she mostly forgot about it and moved on. The next day, however, Ibuki walked right back up to Chiaki in the cafeteria.

     "Hey Chiaki! Why couldn't the pirate sit down?"

     "..Because someone stole hi-"

      "Because someone stole his booty!"

      Chiaki laughed a bit harder this time, because of how dumb the joke was. Ibuki saw her smiling and seemed to light up again. But just like the other day she just walked off instead of sitting down. Chiaki was getting a bit confused at this point, but didn't mind it. Until it happened 3 more times.

      "What's a foot's favorite snack?"

     "What did Sushi A say to Sushi B?"

     "What concert is 45 cents?"

      On the sixth day Chiaki decided to ask some questions.

      "Why did the ma-"

      "Are you here for a conversation or for another cheesy joke, Ibuki? I miss our actual conversations. Why is it only jokes now?"

      Ibuki paused, before breaking out into giggles and scratching her neck sheepishly.

     "Because, Chiaki, I can see you make that smile when I tell jokes! Normally your smile is cute, but when you giggle it's so much sweeter! And I like knowing I caused you to make that face, y'know?  I'll stop if you really want me too."

      Chiaki paused. 'Oh my gosh' was her only coherent thought. After a couple seconds of her blankly staring at the taller girl she finally spoke. "I... I don't think I mind that much anymore. Just make sure to actually talk to me sometimes, yeah?"

      "Of course!" From that day on Ibuki always greeted Chiaki with a cheesy joke, and Chiaki always made sure to smile brightly. Every day.

i didnt proofread this and i wrote it in 20 mins instead of doing my math homework please Do Not bully me