𝐯𝐢𝐢. The first time I kinda believed.

❝Beware the person with nothing to lose.❞

¤

Eyelids fluttering open as she groaned, Ira painfully and weakly looked at her surroundings, frowning as she noticed the room she was placed in, her own.

As she tried to sit up, the teen girl was weighted down, her gaze dropping down until she noticed the two teenagers and a ghost sprawled against her thighs, their soft snores filling her senses and she smiled softly, her legs shaking animatedly.

Hope and Lexa grunted sleepily, -Henrik mumbling incoherent words under his breath as they all pressed their weight deeper onto the redhead's limbs, said girl instantly hitting their heads until they jumped up to glare at her, their lips parting for a second before they pulled her into a hug, her uncle quietly escaping the ruckus which he knew was about to start.

"You're an idiot", Hope snapped, "A narcissist, egocentric, idiot!", she hissed loudly, her hand slapping her twin's arm with vigor, so much that it had the quadbrid grab the nearest pillow and slapping into her sister's face then holding threateningly in case her emissary tried to join the fight.

"Easy there, you monster! I just woke up from a supernatural surgery".

The dark haired girl scoffed, her eyes trailing over her wolf's shaky form as she stood up and fixed the pajamas that she was somehow wearing, "I swear to God, Miracle, if you ever pull that type of thing on me again, I will throw you off of that window-".

The tribrid's brows furrowed as she notified her sister trudge toward the opening in the wall, her figure leaning into the still so that she was looking at the street below her, "What are you doing?", the emissary questioned, her eyes squinted and her nose scrunched.

Camille frowned as she turned to the two, her shoulders shrugging abruptly, "Just calculating how hard the drop will be", she mused, the two girls rolling their eyes in annoyance before they rushed to her side as she suddenly tripped down, her fingers grabbing at her head and she grunted.

"Hope", she growled, the blonde turning to her questioningly, "Back off, she wants you too", the siphoner emitted, her sister frowning deeply as she shook her head frantically, "What? Who?".

Iracle groaned, her head falling onto the hard wooden surface she was folded against, "Go!", she urged, her eyes shifting to a glowing blue that wasn't her own, Lexa frowning for a moment before she concluded that it was the effect of the hollow, Hope's scrambling footstep grabbing her attention.

The tribrid stood by the door with wide eyes, her sister hyperventilating on the floor as she could finally properly draw breaths of air and they all blank in chock, the air around them thick and tense.

¤

(few days later)

Head leaning against her palm as she casually twirled the butter knife between her other hand's fingers, Camille yawned, her open mouth hiding itself behind her skin and she sighed out, her senses easily picking at the awkward tension sat upon their shoulders.

Freya and Klaus quietly ate their plates, Ira and her own sister looking at each in confusion and worry, "Would you please pass the beignets?", the latter let out, her aunt smiling reassuringly as she reached for the plate, "Of course".

Klaus looked up with a relaxed look, whether he tried to ease the uneasiness in the air or was ignorant to it, the twins didn't know, "So, Rebekah will be back in a few days. She's just tying up some loose ends overseas", he informed the group, the sophomores grinning up at him, "It'll be nice to have her here", Hope chuckled, her father nodding in agreement.