EIGHT

"Dad.... what are you doing here?" I asked him

"What surprised to see me?" He asked

I nodded "well yeah, I didn't think it would be you when I answered the door"

"Were you expecting someone else?" He asked

I would of told my dad the truth, however Luke did say he wanted no one to know I talk to him so I decided to just avoid that topic.

I shook my head "No, who would be waiting for me anyway"

He nodded then walked into my room

"I don't mean to sound rude or anything.. but what are you doing here?"

He looked at me "Well, I like to check in with the workers from time to time to see how you are.."

"Uh oh" I thought to myself "this can't be good"

"and each time I call they say you are on your excellent behaviour and that there is nothing strange going on and you are perfectly normal" he continued "that your mom and I decided it was time for you to come home now"

My face dropped "what?"

"I know exciting, you get to finally come back home, and school I'm sure you missed your friends"

"But... my six months aren't over yet" I said

He raised his eyebrow "yeah but you don't need the six months anymore"

I looked down

"I thought you would be excited about this"

"I am... but I just wasn't expecting it all to come to an end so soon" I looked over at the hole in the wall and thought about Luke. I wonder if he can hear what is going on at the moment.

"When do I leave?"

"Today" he said

"Today?" I said "but can't I at least stay for one more day?"

"Why would you want to stay here for one more day, you don't talk to anyone anyway and never leave your room"

I looked down again

"Now, let's pick up your things because moms waiting in the car"

I sighed and nodded as I went over to my notebooks and put them in a bag.

Luke could always sneak off and come see me right, and we would still be able to hang out with one another.... its not like I'm loosing him I thought to my self.

Emily walked into the room "oh Isabella, I heard you're leaving us so soon, I'll miss you darling"

I smiled slightly "Thank you, Emily"

She nodded "I'll let you guys pack but if you need help, just let me know"

"I will" I nodded and gave Emily a quick hug

Once Emily left I found that my dad had already packed away my things since I didn't really have much "Alright Ella, let's go"

I nodded before walking to the door and walking out to the hallway. It honestly felt a bit weird without Luke with me.

My dad held my bag as we walked over to the staircase

Luke, I didn't tell him goodbye, I will see him again but what if he comes knocking on the door and doesn't find me there. I also remembered the rose he gave me and how it's probably still in the room.

"Dad wait"

"Yes Ella?"

"I think I forgot something in my room"

"I'm sure I grabbed everything"

I shook my head "I just want to make sure I have it, it's okay you stay here, I'll go grab it and the come back"

He nodded "Alright, hurry back"

I nodded then went back down the hallway and towards my room, I walked into my room and saw the rose laying on the bed side table and I smiled as I picked it up. I looked over at the wall and decided that I will be the one to knock on Luke's door instead of it being the other way around.

I went out the door and turned left to go to his room but when I looked to my left I was a bit shocked on what I saw.

It was a door that had the word 'Storage' written on it.

"Luke's room is the storage room" I said quietly to myself and as soon as I said that a janitor walked opened the door and walked out of it.

He smiled politely at me before going down the hallway.

I stared at the door for who knows how long, I had so many questions this was supposed to be Luke's room.

I felt someone tap me on my shoulder, I turned around to see Emily standing behind me. "Isabella, you're still here?"

I nodded "uh yeah? I forgot this rose"

She nodded "it's beautiful"

"Thank you?"

I looked back at the storage door, "umm Emily" I asked

"Yes?"

"Does anyone live in that room?" I said pointing to the storage door

"The storage room... uh no one does, it's where we keep our equipment"

"So no one has access to this room?"

"Only the workers"

I nodded slowly "oh" I looked down at the rose "I should get going... my dads waiting for me"

"Alright sweetie, you take care now"

"I will, thank you" I said then went over back to the staircase where my dad was

"There you are, I was just about to come there looking for you"

"I just had to find it that's all"

He nodded and we made our way to the car

In the back of my mind all I was thinking about was Luke, there were so many questions that I wanted to know the answers too, like why is his room the storage room, but then it made sense maybe that's why he wants no one to know he is talking to me, because that's not actually his room.

I sighed as I sat in the back seat of my dads car.

I have no idea when I will be able to see him again for him to tell me it.

Soon enough we were finally home, I looked out the window and smiled a little "although, I'll miss living next door to Luke, I was glad to be back home"

My dad opened the front door and I stepped into my house and looked around the house.

"Welcome back home Ella" my mom said

I smiled at her

"Now, you're probably tired and want to freshen up so go to your room and rest and we will call you when dinners ready"

I nodded "sounds good"

I said then walked up the stairs and into my room.

As I shut my bedroom door I walked over to my bed and placed the rose on my bedside table when I noticed something laying on my bed.

"What" I took a deep breath then looked around "how" I said then reached over to grab it.

It was the stuffed panda that I saw at the carnival with Luke.

Beside it was a note which read

I did promise you, you will have the Panda when you went back home.

AN:: Upset there was no Luke content this chapter, but he will be back next chapter!!