♡ sick in bed ♡

fez x reader
•• requested by: mrsteddyduchamp :) ••

you walked into your house, dropping your backpack, and slammed the door behind you. you had the longest day at school, and you felt both mentally and physically drained. you throat was starting to hurt, you were congested, and you felt like absolute SHIT.

worst of all, you had a date later that night with your boyfriend, fez, and you didn't want to cancel. you know he would understand, but you didn't want to let him down. you groaned and, taking off your shoes, walked to the bathroom.

after proceeding to blow your nose a few times, you opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed the thermometer. placing it in your mouth, you waited a few minutes before the red line stopped. 101.2.

shit. you thought. i cannot go on this date. you started to cry. you felt terrible, but you also did not want to throw up on fez while roller skating.

you parents were out of town for the weekend, visiting some distant relative, so you were stuck at home. by yourself.

sniffling, you wiped your tears and put down the thermometer. you limped to your bedroom. you sighed and, picking up the phone, dialed fez's number.

on the second ring, he answered. "hiiiiiiii baby. did you miss me already? i just saw you at lunch today!" fez giggled. you tried to laugh along but ended up coughing a few times.

you practically heard fez's face drop through the phone. before you could explain yourself, fez interrupted. "what's wrong? are you okay? what happened?" he asked, panicking. you immediately felt worse.

"i-i'm sick." you managed to croak out. "my throat is hurting and i have a fever." you felt the tears coming. you didn't want fez to hear you cry, but it was too late. you heard fez gasp.

"oh no! i'm so sorry! don't cry, angel." fez reassured you. your heart immediately melted, but you still felt bad. "i think we should reschedule our date." you sobbed to him.

"(y/n/n), i know you feel sick, but we don't have to cancel for today." fez pleaded. you rolled your eyes.

"babe, i can't roller skate when i feel like i'm going to pass out!" you sighed. "we have to reschedule. besides, i don't want you getting sick." you explained. but fez thought otherwise.

"who said we had to go roller skating?" he asked you. "what do you mean?" you said, starting to cough again.

"being with you is the only thing that matters to me. so, i'm coming over and nursing you back to health, (y/n)!" fez exclaimed, feeling quite proud of himself.

"but fez! i don't want to get you sick!" you pleaded. but before you could say anything else, fez said, "i don't care about that, i only care about seeing you. so, i'll be over in 10 minutes. go lay down, my love." he said and with that, hung up.

you hung up the phone and slowly walked downstairs, making sure the door was unlocked. you went back upstairs and got into bed. you felt bad that fez could possibly get sick and that you couldn't go roller skating, but a part of you also felt relieved that you got to see your love today. you started to drift off to sleep.

before you knew it, fez was gently shaking you awake, softly calling your name. you smiled and reached up your arms to hug him. when you pulled away, fez reached down into a bag that looked like it came from the drug store. he pulled out a couple bottles of water, some tylenol, some cold medicine, tissues, and a few boxes of your favorite candy. you softly smiled at him.

"fez, you didn't have to get me all this! i feel bad that you went out of your way to do this for me. and i don't want to get you si-" fez cut you off by planting a small kiss on your lips.

"hush. i don't care if i get sick. all i care about making you feel better." you blushed and kissed his cheek. you grabbed a water bottle and scooted over in your bed, giving in. fez grinned from ear to ear and basically hopped in your bed.

he wrapped his arms around you protectively and kissed your forehead. you smiled, feeling safe. "i love you, fez." you mumbled, starting to drift off to sleep again.

"i love you more, my angel."

OKAY STOP HE'S SO SWEET AND FOR WHAT????

hehehe i hope you liked, it was my first time writing a story like this with a lot of fluff but i hope it was enjoyable :) thanks for reading!

-jilly