057 | Drop Him

Namjoon

Namjoon

I sat listening to her cries during the past nights. Whenever she came into my room to give me food, she would hardly look me in the eyes. It pained me to do this to her, but I don't want her hurting even more if she falls for me deeper. I knew I was dying. I was already cursed from the start.

Nobody came to see me, I was all alone. Only Indigo came in and out. I knew they were all confused about how I had 'lost my memories.'

The door slammed open as Jungkook stood with rage. "I can't take it anymore!" He yelled, walking over towards me.

"What's wrong?" I mumbled, turning the page of the book I was reading. Jungkook grabbed a hold of the book from my hands and chucked it across my room.

"What the fuck, man?" I formed my hands into a fist as I tried to gather all the energy I had to stand up.

"I know you are faking all of this. You can't do this to her, Namjoon. This isn't fair on Indigo!"

I felt my heart skip a beat every time I heard her name. The pain in my chest erupted again. The pain of pushing your own mate away.

"I don't know who you are talking about, but if I were you, I would get out of my room right now!"

"You are an idiot for giving up. You are just giving up on all of us? How do you think Indigo will handle all of this if you die and she has nobody? You know what will happen to her. She will feel lonely for the rest of her life. She is mated to you and only you and I won't stand to see my best friend get hurt!" Jungkook shouted even louder.

I smirked, letting out a laugh. Jungkook stood confused as I grabbed him by the throat, crashing him onto the wall. "Shut up, Jungkook."

The feeling was back. I watched Jungkook's eyes light up with fear. My flames were back. "N-Namjoon, that's enough!" He choked as his throat went bright red.

"HELP!" Jungkook screamed for his life.

Indigo

"You're not so bad after all." Jimin laughed as I placed my last card on the table. "Tough luck losers." I joked, winning another round.

As I gathered all the cards from everyone for another game, Jungkook's screams made us all pause. The sound of him in agony made me instantly stand up.

Yoongi stood up from his chair and ran towards his screams. I couldn't just sit and wait for Yoongi to help so I dropped everything and ran with him. Everyone else followed as we made it to Namjoon's room.

The scene was horrible, tears streamed down Jungkook's face as the flames were all around him. He wasn't burning, but he had gone all red.

"How are we meant to stop this?" Taehyung panicked. I moved to the front of everyone, "Indigo, stop, don't do anything." Jin pleaded, "He's still our Alpha."

"I don't care. Look at what he is doing!" I turned to face Namjoon, "NAMJOON!" I yelled. He turned to face me. His eyes were a burning orange colour as he kept the same smirk on his face.

This wasn't him.

"DROP HIM!" I pleaded.

I watched him closely. It was like he was fighting with himself. His facial expressions changed as his arms shook. Finally, he had released Jungkook, who was now gasping for air. I ran past Namjoon as he stood in disbelief with a few tears running down his face.

I held Jungkook in my arms and softly stroked his face, rocking back and forth. I was terrified of what that man had become. He wasn't the Namjoon I knew. He almost killed Jungkook.

There was a loud thud from behind me. Namjoon had collapsed onto the floor. Everyone raced to gather around him. "What should we do?" Hoseok asked.

"Place him back onto his bed. We need to help Jungkook right now," Jin ordered.

"T-Thank you." Jungkook choked, placing his hand onto my cheek.

"You don't need to thank me. You're not allowed to leave me. I need my best friend."

Jungkook smiled, closing his eyes. "I'll never leave you," he breathed out.