chqpter 4

"It's alright..." You heard someone whisper and run their hands through your hair. You sniffed a few time as tears poured down your face, though you couldn't recall why you were crying.

"You're okay..." There was a second voice, this one more feminine. You vaguely recall hearing that voice from somewhere before. You even remember the tone. Memories of your childhood came flooding back and more tears fell from your face.

The hand stopped petting you and wiped a few tears away.

"Hush dear, you'll be fine..." The first voice said with sadness. This one you didn't know, and yet it was comforting. The persons hand resumed it's petting, "I promise."

You felt another hand run over your forehead, "So please don't cry... Ma fille Y/N."

You're eyes flew open and you're E/C colour eyes met a pair of pale purple ones. The woman who owned them had strawberry blond hair that was tied into two pigtails. She smiled at you happily and you felt tears prick your eyes again. You smiled, "Maman..."

You felt a hot breath on your ear, "It's time to wake up now love. Best let the dead rest, for now."

-Maman-

As Arthur spoke those words her daughter vanished. She choked on her tears, "Francois should have taken better care of them..." She muttered under her breath. She didn't really blame her husband though. She'd been the one to keep him on track when she was still alive. It was only natural, but she had put a bit more faith in him.

Arthur just sighed, green eyes sighing with distaste, "He never was very reliable though... Was he?"

She shook her head, "No... But he was a good man. I would have never thought my death would have affected him like that..." Her eyes met the blond haired brit before her, "Just like you never thought leaving Alfred would cause him to kill you." He glared at her, but she just smiled. She hadn't meant anything by it, she'd only said it as a matter of fact. However, Arthur was the kind of man who took things to heart, "You're just like your father..."

Arthur's eyes widened and then clouded over, "I miss him..."

She stood up and rubbed his back, "It's all right Artie... Now then, why don't we rest?"

"Alright."

-Alfred-

"Maman..." Alfred tilted his head and he looked down at the woman who lied in his chest. Tears were running down her face, yet she was smiling. Trying not to wake her he wiped away her tears. There was something stirring in his chest that made his heart flutter. She might have been crying but she looked so happy.

So peaceful.

He held her closer, feeling warm. Despite having a small argument he knew that this was what he wanted. To wake up and see her sleeping so peaceful. To argue like most lovers would. To come home and have her welcome him and make dinner for them both. To love.

It would take time, but to have that with a kind woman like Y/n? With a woman who could see the best in everyone and everything. With a woman who could accept a person, even if they had monsters that would kill someone just for the fun of it. A woman who was incredibly kind and tolerant.

To Alfred that was perfection.

Y/n's stirring brought Alfred out of his musings. Her eyes twitched and then fluttered opened. When she looked up at him she blush a bit and the tried to squirm out of his arms. A frown crossed his face at her worried look. Then he giggled, "Don't worry kitten, I'm not mad about that anymore..." She seemed to partially relax, "So what were you dreaming about?"