The Encounter

There she sits across the bar in the dimly lit room. She has yet to notice me. I cough to get her attention, as she slowly turns her head towards me I can feel my heart pound as I struggle to say a word my mind turns to dust as I become distracted by her beautiful blue eyes that sparkle in the flickering of the dusty light.

Before I could say anything she says "do you need a drink sir". I can bearly compose myself, I try to get my words out, but instead a awkward noise bellows from my mouth. She stares at me with her loving eyes without saying a word she faces the barmen and asks for a glass of spring water.

She takes the water from the tray and proceeds to walk towards me holding the tall glass firmly in her small boutique hands, she places the drink on the table and proceeds to sit next to me, I can see in her eyes she is examining me like I was a fish in a tank. We sit in silence for a what felt like eternity but in fact was only two or three minutes , I finally got the courage to ask her for her name.

Christina she said smiling at me, and whom may you be, I reply nervously Paul.

A general conversation blossomed now the introductions were over, we sat at the table for hours talking away, before we knew it the bar was calling for last orders. We had both decided to keep the conversation going as Christina had invited me to join her for some drinks at her apartment.

As we arrive at Christina's apartment we both settle onto the sofa as if we had been doing this for years, what followed next felt like a fantasy.