꧁68꧂

The night continued and it was now early in the morning. They had all drank a lot and by this time they were all sleepy however Leta wasn't and wanted to burn out her energy.

"I'm going on a walk with my doting boyfriend." Leta announced, getting up and pulling James out of bed. "Good, hopefully it will be quiet." Marlene groaned as her and the rest of them tried to sleep.

James was tired to but Leta pulled him along the empty corridors and outside. Leta seemed to instantly regret her decision of walking outside as it was an cold autumn morning. James noticed her shiver so he pulled his hoodie off and offered her it.

"I'm not wearing your hoodie James, it's yours." Leta continued to refuse his hoodie but now goosebumps were appearing on her arm. "It's fine, I'm kinda hot."

"Yeah you are." He heard Leta mutter under her breath which made him smirk. He then put the hoodie over her and pulled in down. "You don't need to get me dressed. I can put it on myself." She huffed as she pulled the hoodie down.

"Well if you act like a baby, I must treat you like a baby." Leta rolled her eyes beige she continued to walk. "James, look at this!" She exclaimed, grabbing onto his hand and dragging him to a tree which had one red leaf on it which was brighter then any other leaf in sight.

She then realised they were still holding hands so he let go, she then began wiping her hand on the back of her trousers. "Isn't it beautiful?" She asked, gazing up at the ruby red leaf.

James stared at Leta longingly. He want to examine each feature of her face so if he went blind, he would be able to remember her face. "Yes it is." He replied, watching as she brushed hair from her face.

They then continued to walk by the waters edge together. Occasionally, their hands would brush against each other which sent shivers down Leta's spine.

"Leta, do you remember when we use to date?" James asked the girl, most probably wanting to talk about the time the made out in the Great Lake. "Oh no, that didn't count because you didn't love me." Leta said with a smirk but inside, she sighed.

James stopped and grabbed Leta's wrist ,who was still walking, and pulled her gave. "Will you stop saying that. I was frustrated with you and I didn't mean it." He began, Leta avoided eye contact with him.

"I love you Leta." He said, using his index finger to lift her chin up so her eyes met his. "I don't know if you feel the same-"

She cut him off, pushing herself up onto her tiptoes and pressing a small kiss on his lips. She then pushed herself back. "I love you too James." She whisper back which made him let out a sigh of relief. "But you will find I love you more." James did with a mischievous smirk.

"You wanna bet?" She smirked before leaning in and pressing her lips against his, pulling him closer so their bodies were as close as they could get. Their heads were tilted to the side as James's hands explored up from her waist and to her dark hair which he tangled his finger around.

Leta's fingers gripped onto James's messy hair as they deepened the kiss even more. Rarely they pulled back to gasp for air. "I think we need to take more pauses to breath." Leta chuckled, almost murmuring into his mouth because their faces were that close.

"Right now I don't need oxygen, I need you Leta." James whispered back. He watched as Leta's eyes squinted as the sun rose above a mountain and straight into her eyes. "I hope this all isn't for the dare." She whispered before kissing him again, her hand pushing the back of his head closer.

"Absolutely not." He confirmed, pulling back and cupping her face into his hands. "I don't care about the dare. All I care about right now is you." He whispered, listening to himself made him blush.

"Adorable but boy was that cheesy." Leta said which made him chuckle and shake his head before placing one last kiss on her forehead. "We should probably get in before your hands fall off." James suggested, feeling how cold her hands were.

They walked back but as they did, their fingers became interlocked from them walking. "Oh sorry." James apologised, pulling his hand away. "Why did you do that? Your hands are nice and warm." She smiled as she took his hand again and held onto it, then she put her hand in the pocket of the hoodie.

                                      ༒
That week, Leta had not went to the boys' dormitory in the Gryffindor common room but was sneaking James into her dorm. She would have to put a lock on the door which made it so you couldn't use a spell to unlock it.

They were yet to tell anyone about them rekindling their relationship. The two students sat on Leta's bed under the covers. Leta had propped the pillows up on the bed board so she could sit up and James was laying between her legs, his head on her stomach.

"Leta," He called her name as she twisted a strand of his hair around her finger. She hummed in reply. "I love you." He said, finally looking up at her. "I love you too." She whispered back.

He was unable to reach her lips so he took her hand and placed a small kiss on the top of her hand. "I didn't say it to hear it back. I said it to make sure you knew."

Leta didn't know how to respond to that. She would usually come up with a snarky or sarcastic reply but she knew she should be serious a couple times.

They loved reminding each other that they love them to make up for the first time they dated and none of them said it.